Cold air blowing on passenger floor

stangbear427

Nov 11, 2002
New England
This is a problem I had with my '79 Capri, my '84 GT, my '89 LX, my '91 GT, and my '93 Cobra is doing it too. I'm assuming it's a Fox problem, if not a Ford problem. I did a search and only came up with cold air intakes, so I'm posting this thread in hopes that someone else knows WTF causes this.

I only notice it when the heat is on, but that may just be because it's more noticeable when it's cold out. The driver's feet are sweating and he's ready to turn the heat down, and his wife is in the passenger seat with her feet tucked under her ass because there's freezing cold air coming out somewhere on the floor on her side. I've lived with this for years, but my Cobra is just too nice and I don't want to deal with it in that car. Anyone know where this air is coming from and how to fix it?

• Sponsors (?)

Have you checked to the recirc door is shut and not drawing air in from outside?

Nope. Not real sure where to check, actually. This is one system in these cars that I know next to nothing about.

Not to hijack my own thread, but I have to ask about your hood in the sig. If you don't mind, what's the brand, how much was it, are you happy with the quality? I'm planning on getting the same style for my Cobra, and don't really want to buy another hood from Cervinis if I don't have to.