Complete Exhaust System

2003blustang

Jul 18, 2004
I am getting ready to put a complete exhaust system on my 2003 Mustang GT. I have decided to purchase the ceramic coated BBK Longtube headers and the SLP Catted Shorty X-pipe. I need help determining which Cat-Back system to purchase. I have read in these forums that you should use a chambered muffler with H-Pipes and a straight-thru muffer with X-pipes (except for Dr. Gas). Are Spintechs and Dynomax mufflers straight-thru? What about the SLP LMIIs? I'm looking for a smooth high-revving Nascar sort of sound as opposed to the all-out noise of Magnapacks or LMIs. Is there anyone nearby in Atlanta GA with Longtubes, SLP Catted shorty X and LMIIs willing to meet me and let me listen to their exhaust? I work in the Dunwoody/Perimeter Area and live in Powder Springs (Cobb County). Thanks in Advance,

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

Stay with SLP and do their LM2s - a great sound that won't disappoint. Aggressive without being overbearing. Spintechs suck by the way (but I might put em on a truck if I had one...they'd fit right in sound-wise)