Constant beeping/buzzer from under dash

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
I have a 1992 LX, I can turn the key on and nothing, but once I start the car and start driving there is a beep/buzz under the dash on the driver side, beep pause beep pause beep pause, then sometimes is sounds like the beeping noise has a short in it. It's driving me insane, no lights on in the cluster, no driveability problems, just that annoying beeping noise.

Anyone had this problem? Will it hurt to unhook this piece and where is it located????

• Sponsors (?)

What Shakerhood said..
It's the airbag control module . It's beeping because there is a problem with the airbag system. The beeps are actually a code. It will always be a 2 digit code. The moment you hear the beeps, count the number of beeps before the pause (that's your first digit). then after it stops for a couple seconds, it will beep once again. Count the number of beeps again (this is your second digit). first and second digits make up your 2 digit code. Look it up... it's probably a code 51 or code 52 . 51 is for a thermal fuse in the diagnostic circuit . Either the fuse is open or theres a bad connection somewhere (bad ground) 52 is backup power supply for diagnostic circuit failure..

I got the same problem and it's a code 51. Often times i'll be driving and hearing scratchy static noise coming from the airbag speaker. Or the beeping noise will start up when I start the car but the beeps are not complete..instead of beeep beeep .... I get beep be bebebeeep bee beep,

IF you decide to disconnect the circuit, make sure you disconnect the batter and wait at least 15 minutes before messing with that module. You could set the airbag off . Heck, it's a wonder mine has not blown up in my face because of the bad connection it has.