convertible floor pans

so I'm just about done stripping my car of everything and of course I'm uncovering all sorts of crap that I'm going to have to fix.

both sides of my floor pan have enough issues where I'm thinking about either replacing the whole thing or doing the long pans on both sides.

Can I remove the floor without removing the inner rockers? I already put in subframe connectors that are also tied into the lower floor pan braces, so it would be difficult/near impossible to remove them, thus the floor would have to come out from the top.

How hard is it to remove the inner rockers?

• Sponsors (?)

so I'm just about done stripping my car of everything and of course I'm uncovering all sorts of crap that I'm going to have to fix.
Typical.
both sides of my floor pan have enough issues where I'm thinking about either replacing the whole thing or doing the long pans on both sides.
If you need that much floor, just use the one-piece, it would actually be less work than two long pans.

Can I remove the floor without removing the inner rockers?
You betcha.

I already put in subframe connectors that are also tied into the lower floor pan braces, so it would be difficult/near impossible to remove them, thus the floor would have to come out from the top.
Yes, you can do that. Of course, the inner rockers, when not rotten with rust, are the subframe connectors from hell.

How hard is it to remove the inner rockers?
Cutting, spot-drilling, etc. They are tougher-built than front or rear frame rails. You'll see, if you get new ones, you could beat your subframe connectors to a mangled pulp with inner rockers.

KR037.jpg