Converting 4cyl notch to 8cyl

I have some questions and need your guys help . 1 can I use the 4cyl ignition? How can I go about using the fuel pump or do I use an external pump ? Using an external pump how do I get fuel from tank using external ? What can I use on 4cyl. I'm going v8 with carburetor . The motor has gt40p heads, e cam, performer intake . Please throw all ideas besides getting an 8cyl swap .

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Never converted a four banger to carb but I'd assume nothing from the four cylinder engine bay would be useful and Distributor, ignition system, fuel line and pump would all have to be changed.

Never converted a four banger to carb but I'd assume nothing from the four cylinder engine bay would be useful and Distributor, ignition system, fuel line and pump would all have to be changed.

^^This^^

I couldnt tell you 100%, but a pretty good rule of thumb is a vast majority of your hardware would (should, might be exceptions) need to be upgraded. Starter, Alternator, Fuel lines,etc... Dont forget your springs if your swapping from a 4cyl to a BB V8.

Ok then. The Foxbody Mustangs that were 8 cyl were small block w. This makes the 302w and 351w basically the same in external dimensions.

The 351c or 351m is not the same as 351w. C bolt up to a small block bell housing. The m has a big block bell housing. Both the c and the m are larger in external dimensions