Converting to '90-'93 Steering Wheel

• Sponsors (?)

i want an 87-98 wheel since cruise control is a must in my car. i also want the tilt!

so, onequicklx we should trade lol

id want to take out all of the air bag crap too, but there is a lot of things...there is like 4 sensors, and the back-up, and some modules and i wouldnt know where to begin.....so itll probably always be there, along with the wheel lol

I stole this picture from a thread on Corral, but here's the link to the whole thread. I think the Cobra wheel looks pretty good in there.

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=815149
wheel1.jpg

Attachments

• wheel1.jpg
    wheel1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 72
I swapped a wheel from a '97 Taurus into a '92, the airbag even matched, but it didn't have ANY wheel controls for CC.

Answer: Yes, you can swap it, but it's going to be almost $100 at a junkyard bc of the airbag :eek:

I can't stand the '90-'93 steering wheels, myself. Those stupid, tiny little horn buttons are in the worst place I can think of. How many times have you been in such a car and when you go to slam the horn when some doofus pulls a move in front of you, and you wind up only smacking your palm into a friggin' airbag? That, and I always have a tendency to accidentally bump those stupid buttons when I'm turning my Lincoln around in a parking lot.

That's another reason why I dislike the '90-'93 wheels - they're just a carbon copy of a '90-'94 Crown Victoria steering wheel. If you want the cop-car/old person look, that's fine, but it just looks out of place (to me) in a Fox. The '87-'89 wheels aren't pretty, I'll admit, but they're easier to handle, anyway.

I too think the 87-89 steering wheels are ugly, personally like the 90-93 wheel much better. Probably because I drove a Taurus SHO for 5 years and really got used to it, now when I'm in a car with a normal horn right in the middle I'm always fumbling for the little buttons that aren't there, lol.