Convince me...X pipe w/flows...

Milenko

Skid Mark Layer...only not fro
Founding Member
Nov 5, 2001
Boston, MA
Right now I have the stock H pipe with flowmaster 40 series on my 96 GT.

I hit a rock not too long ago and broke off the connecting pipe on my H pipe, the one that connects both pipes together.

I put on a quick little fix from auto zone that covered the pipe and clamped on both sides, but it was only temporary.

Now I have to get the damn thing welded, God knows how much it's gonna cost.

Should I just grab an X pipe instead? I was thinking about the one from UPR..

I've looked on Mustangexhaust.com and cannot really tell if I like it or not, but the power increase is there.

Convince me either way!

around here it would only cost you about 50 bucks to get it welded back up. I just ordered some long tube hooker headers and a hooker x-pipe. was gonna get a 03 cobra but the stupid insurance rates are crazy even in my parents name.. im mad about it...!!

I have the UPR X and 2 chamber flows and I love the sound. Also, the upr fit well.

I had a Bassani catted x with flows on my last car and went to a prochamber/ flows combo and I loved it!! The x sounds good, but I know you'll be happier with the prochamber.......

Hey Firemanz, you have any sound clip of your Bassani and Flows combo? Im doing that mod right now.

Milenko, Im puttin a Bassani O/R X-pipe on today with my 40 series flows. I will post as soon as i get a sound clip.

Send me the e-mail Firemanz, and I'll host it for you.

The price on the UPR pipe is just too good to pass up right now...even though MA requires we pass emissions

HoustonGT said:
Hey Firemanz, you have any sound clip of your Bassani and Flows combo? Im doing that mod right now.

Milenko, Im puttin a Bassani O/R X-pipe on today with my 40 series flows. I will post as soon as i get a sound clip.

I have video clips of my car. I have the bassani o/r X pipe with 2 chambers. It's the loudest thing I've ever heard short of open headers.

Short version

http://student.lssu.edu/~prebandt/smallpeel.wmv

Extended version (bonus treat at the end of this one )

http://student.lssu.edu/~prebandt/BigPeel.wmv