Coolant leak found..pics

Hey guys,

So I found the coolant leak...finally..

been doing alot of searching, about intake leaks, head gaskets..etc.

Now, has anyone had this lil puddle before? I wanted to post it up before taking things apart, that I don't need to take apart.

Don't think it's the water pump, since the hose is dry, any other common troublesome areas? I removed the alternator to get a closer look. The camera is basically "looking under the alternator"

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=29567

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=29565

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like its in the bolt lug there on the drivers side of the block. this would mean its comming from above that, probably the intake coolant crossover or intake gasket. Is your coolant crossover aluminum or composite?

The gasket? Looks composite to me I guess...I assume that this is the crossover. When I pushed on it with my finger, it felt wet, and had a touch of coolant on my finger...so I'll change that out first..

Is there an Aluminum upgrade? Or..part number? Anything else I should be checking?

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=29569

Those composite crossovers crack from fatigue cycling due to temperature fluctuations. Do a search and you'll find a bunch of info on it. Your gasket is probably fine.

You're going to have to replace that manifold with one that has an aluminum crossover. And when you do that, you will also have to replace those lower gaskets. You can reuse your upper gasket.

See my link below....

Thats great info guys thanks alot..

I talked to ford, and the replacement is almost as much as the track heat, so I might just go with that. I have cams so it should work well...or at least a bit better than the stock piece.

Does anyone know by chance if the accufab plenum and 75mm TB fits on the trick flow intake? I would do it all at the same time while it's apart. As well as the water pump, thermostat and misc hoses...etc.

What? A new Ford PI intake with aluminum crossover should only be about $200 and then another $40 or so for the gaskets. How much did the tell you it'd be at the the dealer? Was that labor too, or just the parts?

Like Patman0911 said... you should be able to find the manifold with aluminum crossover for around $200 or so and the (lower) gaskets from Ford should run around $21 total for both lower. The upper you can reuse.