cougar- t-bird dash in 79-93 ??

klg

Dec 3, 2007
kpt. tn
about 10 years ago i put a 84 cougar dash in a 80 stang now both were just old parts cars so i didn"t spend the time on all the details. anyone done a swap like that??

• Sponsors (?)

wow guys take it easy.

no, ive never seen it done mostly because the cougar/tbird dash is less than attractive and lacks gauges. It could be done because the structure of the car is the same, and might be cool if done in a way to fit the performance theme of the Mustang, but I wouldn't spend the time/money on it.

calm down stinkyyylyt & sicky stinky i didn't mean for you 2 tear apart your perfect cars mommy bought for you..... this forum was for-- GROWN UPS-- people building race cars or resto-mods

'88 Thunderbird Sport It was dusty when I took the pics some time ago...I know....

I like the dash better than a Stangs (probably because I drive a Bird),but,you'll be finding gold if you could get a T-Bird/Cougar dash with no cracks.They have those dash caps I suppose.

000_0440.jpg

100_2125.jpg

Attachments

• 000_0440.jpg
    000_0440.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_2125.jpg
    100_2125.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 87
i didn't get on here to argue but it pisses me off you can't ask a simple ? without a couple smartasses got something 2 say. i mean if u don't like it fine but there is no reason 2 put down somebody's idea. but anyway what i was tryin 2 say ther are several t-b. cougar small ltd lincoln etc dashes that could work . it might not be for everybody but the79-86 are usually rough the dash pad is 200 the cap about half that and not very good .or if someone just wanted 2 do something diff. with there stang

to the original poster:
the users on this forum really stick to the stock looks. anything that isn't the norm(stock) or approved by them is instantly nasty or stupid. they sit here and defend other mustangs (acting like its there car) with no respect to the other mustang fans and drivers who buy them to modify and restore them with their own taste and style...
thats why you buy your own damn car and do what you want to it. AMERICA! stick together guys stop bashing the FORD bros and hate on the import guys like in the good ol days....

and i know someone will have a pic of your request soon give it more time. people put ls1's in civics. im sure another ford(cougar t bird) interior swap isnt any worse than that......
imo i like the foxes interior in comparison,but my opinion isn't yours so good luck man!

Amen to what Makdaddymac wrote! It's all about modifying your car just the way you imagine it/want it.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I always thought that the "S" shaped shifter in the Fox auto T-Birds looked awesome. As a matter of fact I swapped one into my '90 Mustang. I'll get ya a picture tomorrow morning if you're interested.