Could you help me price this?

• Sponsors (?)

Low_Silverado said:
Tell my why exactly I would tell this guy to go **** himself? That just doesn't make any sense to me what so ever.

Some of these guys still think that every II needs to be "saved". I disagree, because frankly, some are too far gone, and some are just not worth messing with, IMO. Yep, I've built some, and parted more. Just makes those that remain a little less common.

Now, if it's a decent car that somebody might want to build, it would be worth thinking it over again, but if it was say, (just as an example) a 2.3/auto base coupe with floor rot and rusty quarters, I'd whack it apart in a minute and not think twice about it.

Ooops, forgo to address the original question...

In my experience, I'd have him make an offer on what it's worth to him. Never had any luck on selling front suspensions, myself. Lots of calls, lots of no-shows. I think I told the last guy $50, already had it all out of the car (crossmember and all), still nobody showed.

I would check eBay for what brand new factory replacement parts are going for (i.e. a-arms, brakes, spindles, etc.) and price your used parts at 50%. That's pretty much standard auto-recycling practice.

I don't know that the MII crossmember would be the best match for an old truck from any manufacturer. Most of the street rod guys seem to have custom setups for each vehicle.

Its all about the width of the framerails, ride height, and suspension travel. The MII and Pinto parts matched the early Ford street rod dimensions pretty closely which was why it was used so heavily.