Engine Coyote Swap Parts List

I'm considering a 5.0 Coyote swap in the future. I have found that LMR offers a "complete" swap package that includes a 2015 5.0, matching T6060 manual transmission, an ECU and engine harness. They also sell a tubular K-member designed to fit in the 04 chassis. This will upgrade the front suspension to coil over instead of spring and strut.

My question is what other components will I need to complete this swap. The kit is pricey, and I don't want to run into needing a whole lot of extra parts from the get go. I'm hoping some have done V8 swaps before and can think of the stuff that is usually hard to find so I can track those down first.

• Sponsors (?)

All i can tell you is it wont be cheap, and you will need more parts then what comes with the kit. Off the top of my head, headers and a driveshaft are two additional items you will need. I know i have to change the whole accessory drive setup though i am not running a/c. You should already have hydroboost brakes, so your good there. Im doing mine in an 89' foxbody, so I dont know all the specifics for a new edge. Here is a good article on the coyote swap into a new edge, in case you havent seen it yet.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-...stall-coyote-5-0l-engine-on-new-edge-mustang/

Two other things i just thought that you might want to be aware of. I beleive you have to swap over to a return style fuel system and a battery relocation kit is recommended to free up additional room.

Two other things i just thought that you might want to be aware of. I beleive you have to swap over to a return style fuel system and a battery relocation kit is recommended to free up additional room.

All MPEFI systems are return systems from my understanding. Even some of the "reservoir" style throttle body setups available have a return function. The reservoir is the return point in those systems. In factory systems it returns to the tanks. Thanks for the link. Battery relocation is something I can do prior to the swap, so that's also good information. Thanks.

I'm kind of liking the Ecoboost swap idea as well, as it will offer more power than the current V6 and better mileage for daily use. Any ideas on that one?

All MPEFI systems are return systems from my understanding. Even some of the "reservoir" style throttle body setups available have a return function. The reservoir is the return point in those systems. In factory systems it returns to the tanks. Thanks for the link. Battery relocation is something I can do prior to the swap, so that's also good information. Thanks.

I'm kind of liking the Ecoboost swap idea as well, as it will offer more power than the current V6 and better mileage for daily use. Any ideas on that one?

I gathered from your first post that you are wanting to do this swap in a 2004 mustang. I'm fairly confident the new edge mustangs (99-2004) came with a return less style fuel system, though those years are not my specialty. I'm assuming when you say "MPEFI" you are saying "Multi Port Electronic Fuel Injection", and if so, no, not all MPEFI systems are return style.

Here is a link to a good explanation of the difference between the two styles of systems.
https://www.enginebasics.com/Engine Basics Root Folder/Returnless Fuel System.html

Here is a link to the controls pack that comes with the 2015 coyote kit. Notice the last line under the "Controls Pack Features" section.
https://lmr.com/item/M6017504V/mustang-coyote-controls-pack-ford-racing-1516-m-6017-504v

Concerning the ecoboost swap, that's up to you. There will definitely be less resources available for that type of swap and you will probably have to fab more stuff up, but it would be different and have a nice "Cool" factor. I had looked at doing the 3.5 ecoboost swap before I got my coyote. I just couldn't give up the sound of a V8 and the power potential.

This is the kit I was originally looking at.
https://lmr.com/item/M9000PMCM/ford-performance-coyote-power-module-m-9000-pmcm
It does take a lot of guess work out of the swap. You may be right on the returnless style of EFI. I just checked the Ford parts catalog and found no pressure regulator for the 04. I'm just used to the older styles as I've been working with them for years. Most of the MPEFI kits for the 302 and 335 based engines require return setups.