Craigslist Scam on 5.0 Parts, Especially KY

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Hey guys, just wanted to give you the heads up on a scammer on craigslist, he is constantly listing stuff but is a scam. I talked with him on the phone about some parts, seemed legit. Well, I make the 1.5 hour drive one way, get there to the town and guess what, he will not answer his phone, I wait 30 min to give him the benefit, well still no answer. Tried to call a few times on my way home so I could give the A$$Clown a piece of my mind, never would answer. All of his listings start out like the one below, this is posted from another guy whom he has scammed, his name is Jeremy and he is in Danville KY.

MUSTANG PARTS-interior,body,engine UPDATED WEEKLY! this guy is a scam!

• Sponsors (?)

that sure is annoying... but the other guy could have prevented a scam by not sending money... i mean the whole point of craigslist is to deal face to face isn't it?

True, thats what I tried to do, face to face, the thing is if it had been something that could have been easily shipped I would have fell for it too, he seems all legit and upfont on the phone when you talk to him.

Scammers should be arrested. There should be some zero tolerance law that if you provide the police with proof of phone records or email communications and a money transfer and the guilty party can't provide proof of shipment, boom, in the slammer.

I bought my lx off craigslist. Just meet in person and everything goes fine. I always bring a friend for meetings and pack the old pistola (legal here)just in case shtuff don't go right on big money transactions. I love living in TEXAS...

Wait so how did you get scammed exactly? Did you send him any money? I can understand a 1.5hr drive for nothing may be EXTREMELY aggravating but maybe something happened? Or is that just the scam...making people drive 1.5 hours and then just laugh when they call you?

I bought my lx off craigslist. Just meet in person and everything goes fine. I always bring a friend for meetings and pack the old pistola (legal here)just in case shtuff don't go right on big money transactions. I love living in TEXAS...

+1 To this, last time I went with a large amount of cash, I carried, brought a friend, and packed a spare piece for him too.