Creating flames from the tail pipe

MNBen

May 16, 2011
20 years ago I say a hot rod crusin through the city. He pulled just ahead of me and revved his engine in nutrual. Flames shot from his tailpipes. I am thinking he has a spark plug or similar item located at the rear of his exhaust and he could activate it in the cabin and then step on the gas to make flames.

I want to do this to my '05 Mustang but I'm not sure how to go about it. I really do not think there is enough igniteable fumes left in the tailpipe.

Any ideas on how to go about this?

• Sponsors (?)

yup heard of that too. its all too risky in my opinion. i remember on that show pimp my ride they installed one on a car and it shot out to far and i think it caught the bumper a bit. i wouldnt do it itd definately mess your paint up. back in the day when bumpers were unpainted metal it probably wasnt as bad

I'm guessing you'll be at the premier of Bellflower?

bellflower-medusa1.jpg

Not safe on modern cars but basically you have spark plugs in the tailpipe wired to a coil and a switch. When you interrupt the stock ignition and mash the gas, you flood the exhaust with fuel, flip the coil to the plugs in the exhaust, and it ignites. The problem is it can blow your mufflers apart, kill your convertors, and you are washing your cylinders with fuel contaminating the oil and wearing your rings, cylinders, etc...