curious about a v-10 swap

Green&GoldGT

Aug 1, 2005
Virginia
Can anyone tell me what I would have to do for a v10 swap. I know Canton makes an oil pan for the sn95 chassis. I've seen one person on this board whos done it but i forgot who it was. I know I would need a wiring harness from a truck. But would it bolt up to a t5 tranny? what would need to be modified for the swap? any help is apprecited.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

No idea on the swap, but I saw it done in a SN95 once, I think the dude sold it on ebay! The motors are also super heavy, so it's not going to be a real practical setup no matter what... a V8 5.4l is a much easier swap. Really if you're gonna go through all the trouble of puttin a V10 in there...just put an LS1 in it :p

I think there's a video on youtube with the experimental "Hurricane V10" in a 2004 Mustang chasis running at Milan Dragway in Michigan. The car was the best sounding V10 I've ever heard, much better then a Viper. Supposedly it had 4 mufflers (2 of wich were Bassani).

The V10 will need a new trans than a T-5. The V10 would vill a T5 anyways. The biggest challenge will be getting a K-frame to hold it up. You will have to do to manual brakes. Hydroboost may work...but I don't know. It works with the 4.6L 2V and 4V. It works with the 5.4L 2V and 4V....but the V10 might give issues.

it's possible but you really don't want to use the v10. It has a balance shaft to tune out vibration and isn't exactly the best thing for performance. If you want to get nasty try a 5.4. It's a damn near bolt in operation and with 3v or 4v heads it's a real powerhouse of a NA motor.

I started out going the v10 route several years back but I went with a 5.4. Much easier, cheaper, easier to get tuned, no wiring hassles, etc... I'm glad I did the 5.4, it's a beast.

You could contact the owner of Supertune Performance here in overland Park, Kansas. I beleive his name is Bruce. Anyway, I beleive he has a 97 or 98 GT with a V-10 in it. The car is Black. I'm in a loca Mustang club here in K.C and I have delt with him. He may be able to give you some pointers with the project. here's the web page, http://www.supertuneracing.com/SuperTunePerformance.html. Hope this helps. Pearl02.