Progress Thread Deals are still out there.

This should simplify the fuel pump circuit and allow for a better system. The previous owner had spent alot of money on the fuel system, new tank and lines, etc.. but the ground on the intake pump had the resistor in it.
 
Shortened the feed line into the filter and mounted the filter close to where it would have been on a later foxbody. Started securing the lines and working my way forward. I also need to secure the new midline for the rear brakes.
 

Attachments

  • 20260504_004911.webp
    20260504_004911.webp
    491.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Like
Reactions: 85GT4V
With the summer being our busy time, I have not had a chance to update much.

Got a great deal on some near mint 2001 cobra wheels and put 255 45 r17 0n the rear.

Installed the bolt in BBK subframe connectors.

Next I bought a "cheap" engine hoist, I had seen the reinforcement welds on the hoist but figured it would work for the 4cylinder. I did not even get off the mounts before it snapped. The guy I bought it from was cool and gave me my money back. Leson learned, not all good deals are good. oh well ordered one and should have it soon.

Hopefully next weekend Ill have the old motor out and get started cleaning the firewall for paint. There is a local paint store that will mix paint and put it in an aerosol cab for $30.
 

Attachments

  • image000001 (1).webp
    image000001 (1).webp
    165.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image000000 (6).webp
    image000000 (6).webp
    318.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image000000 (7).webp
    image000000 (7).webp
    106.3 KB · Views: 31
Well glad the hoist didn’t mess up your car. Just me but as soon as you get it running take it to a muffler shop and have them weld those subframe connectors in. The bolt in style don’t offer a lot of stiffness.
 
The dirt track boys used to really like those motors but I have no idea if they still run rear wheel driver in that class anymore or not but it may be another source to sell the parts.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mattcrp1
Well, I got impatient and sprayed it. I was not going to post about my mistake but it could help someone else. I should have waited till it cooled down and taken my time and prepped it better. My rush job looks bad a d cost money. Oh well, need to scuff it and re-shoot.
 

Attachments

  • 20260822_103328.webp
    20260822_103328.webp
    496.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Like
Reactions: 85GT4V
After a period of time I finally got back to the engine paint. I sanded down my hurried mistakes and spotted in some primer. Stripped down and masked the bay better. I bought the touch up gun from HF and some single stage from Tamco. Overall I am pleased with he result. My hand is to big for the gun and I was bumping my adjustments, i ended up with some orange peel. The tip was .8 as well a little to small for the paint. The oxford white looks good and now I can start the assembly.
 

Attachments

  • 1000024011.webp
    1000024011.webp
    230 KB · Views: 12
  • 20260927_140024.webp
    20260927_140024.webp
    441 KB · Views: 11
  • 20260927_121924.webp
    20260927_121924.webp
    624.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20260927_115359.webp
    20260927_115359.webp
    447.8 KB · Views: 15
Yep, it is much better with a clean engine compartment. Had to run to work and install my clutch fork pivot and then throw it all together. Now that its in there, its a little anticlimactic. Lol
 

Attachments

  • 20261002_114148.webp
    20261002_114148.webp
    449.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20261002_121451.webp
    20261002_121451.webp
    596.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20261002_121710.webp
    20261002_121710.webp
    508.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20261002_122024.webp
    20261002_122024.webp
    535.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Like
Reactions: gkomo
I would not say anticlimactic at all, more like its going to look very proper when the motor is all dressed out and the core support gets filled up. Then its back to complaining about how full the engine bay is when you have to work on it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DadLife0724
I had to massage the strut tower on the 83 T-Bird but it dropped in on the 93 Coupe. It so hit and miss what cars you have to do it to and which ones the booster just drops in. All about the wildly loose manufacturing specs on these cars.