Deep Dish cobra r rims? confirming fitment!

I have narrowed my choice down to the 95 4 lug deep dish chrome cobra R rims to go on my 1993 white mustang gt hatch.

I was gonna do 17x8 rims up front with a 245/45/17 tire and 17x9 rims with a 275/40/17 tire. My question is does anyone have the deep dish cobra r rims, and if so do you like them on a foxboby,and will the deep dish rims clear everything ok? Also will this tire and rim size work without removing rear quad shocks and bending lips? As of now the stock springs are on it ,but I may put lowering springs on in the future.

My other tire size option was 235 0r 245/45/17 up front and 255/40/17 in the back? I want the staggered look and a little higher tire in the back and I am just looking for opinions before I place the order.

Thank you for any information, I appreciate it!

• Sponsors (?)

The 255's will fit just fine, as I mentioned in your other thread. 275's is probably pushing it a little bit with the quad shocks. You're probably going to have to test fit to get a definitive answer. My wife's car came with a set of 16x8 4-lug Cobra R's on it. Personally, I'm not a fan of these wheels in 4-lug.

019.jpg

Note that it had 225/50's on the front and 245/50's on the rear and kind of has the rake thing going on a little bit. This is at stock ride height.

This picture is with the 255/40R17's on 17x9's all around and Eibach Prokit springs.

fb2.jpg

thats a great looking car! those pictures help a lot to see the stance i was looking for. I actually just saw some deep dish 1990 ssc saleen replicas in chrome that look pretty nice, Now I think im leaning closer to the ssc wheel.

Thank you very much for the pics and info!

This is my young friend Tucker's 93 SSP.

tuck.jpg

He has staggered SC-style wheels in 17x9/17x8. Not sure of his tire sizes though. It has Maximum Motorsports springs on it.

If you get on americanmuscle.com they have a rim and tire fitment guide that might help you out with what your looking for and if you browse around the rim and tire section they will also tell you little odds and end questions that you might have... hope this helps you out

Thanks for the help guys, and thanks for that picture of the SC wheels on the black mustang, I think im going with the deep dish SC wheels now that i see them on a car. I think they will look better on the fox insteadof the cobra R's. I will post some pics after they are on.

FYI....17x9 wheels are not considered deep dish. I've got 10th anniversary Cobra 4-lug replica's 17x9 (255/40/17's) up front and 17x10 (275x40/17's) out back that fit well. I have just the slightest rub at full lock with my 1990 LX, with stock springs and get a tiny scrape noise if I'm coming into a driveway at an incline and an angle (which I'm sure will be cured with a slight roll of the rear fenders. I did have to remove my quad shocks...although flipping them might have worked. I didn't have the chance to flip them because the bolts were ceased on so badly I had to destroy them to remove them.