Densencharger CAI

Morpheusgpr

Founding Member
Jan 28, 2002
Indianapolis, IN
Well so far I love the kit. ITs not installed yet I went to install it tonight but did not have the 11mm wrenches I needed as I bought 10mm as in the directions. THats the only problem I have found so far. That has delayed my install I can honestly say that the stock unit was a PITA to get put back in.

Any tips?

Looks like she should flow alot more. I got the meter 85mm Pro M and forward system.

Do I need to let the gasket stuff sit for any length of time or can I just put it on and tighten the bolts and install it?

Just by the smaller size of the unit it should be easier to check the filter with.

I got it all back in my trunk now had to wrap the meter up the best I could to keep it clean, although it had some silver dust in there from the shop anyways that I could see on my finger when I brushed my finger on the inside of it.

Should that be ok?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Morpheusgpr said:
Do I need to let the gasket stuff sit for any length of time or can I just put it on and tighten the bolts and install it?

I got it all back in my trunk now had to wrap the meter up the best I could to keep it clean, although it had some silver dust in there from the shop anyways that I could see on my finger when I brushed my finger on the inside of it.

Should that be ok?

Thanks.

The black sensor safe RTV provided with the DC will skin over in 5 minutes or less and you should be able to drive the car or at least start it up and check for leaks after one hour. I think it takes 24 hours for it to cure completely though.

As for you MAF... head on over to AutoZone and pick up a can of electronic contact cleaner. Make sure you get the stuff that doesn't leave any residue. Spray the MAF sensor wire prior to installation to ensure it's clean.

U.M.