DiabloSport Predator

how much can you actually tune w/ this thing, and i see that it will datalog but can i upload that to my computer? or ar we doomed to use the LCD display... also will it give you a reading from the 02 sensors or would i have to use a wideband?
main reason i want it is to turn of Traction Control, turn off the rear o2 sensors, and advance the timing to 13* im not sur if its worth it yet.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure if you can datalog with the Diablo with the computer. I have an SCT and you can with it.

To get your air/fuel ratio you have to have a wideband. The wideband comes with it own 02 sensor. With the Diablo you can turn off your rear o2's, turn off the traction control and advance the timing like you are wanting.

rebelleader said:
I believe you can only advance the timing by %10. IIRC the stock timing is 10* advance. Therefor %10 of that would be an additional degree, bringing the total to 11* of advance timing.
I believe this is true, but keep in mind that the computer continously adjusts the timing. It could be up to 30* at some point. With the +10%, you're now looking at 33*. Also, there's a round-a-bout way to get more timing. You have to export your tune to your PC then read it back in as a custom tune. You can add more timing then. It's not really how the tool was intended to be used but it is possible.

Check their website.. meh.. don't go by what the diablosport customer service tell you, they have some trained monkeys answer questions, they gave 2 ****s about the 2V motor anyway

You should just go with SCT,

rebelleader said:
I believe you can only advance the timing by %10. IIRC the stock timing is 10* advance. Therefor %10 of that would be an additional degree, bringing the total to 11* of advance timing.

10* is only the base mechanical timing. Total timing is much higher under most circumstances. Also knowing what timing tables are available I don't beleive the percent changes done by the predator will be a percentage of total timing, but instead a percentage of the values contained in the three main timing tables. So because you are seing 30* then you add 10% you may or may not see the total 33* because of all the other factors used to determine total timing. This explaination can get much more complcated, so I'll stop now unless someone really wants to know how total timing is determined.

Anyone ever tried exporting your current tune(with timing maxed) to your PC and then importing it back as a custom tune? Then maxing the timing again? Essentially you could then go to 20% more timing advance. I have been contemplating doing this as I run the Factory HP Tune with the timing maxed. Why I'm not sure...but I guess because I can't leave things alone.

SigmaPride said:
Anyone ever tried exporting your current tune(with timing maxed) to your PC and then importing it back as a custom tune? Then maxing the timing again? Essentially you could then go to 20% more timing advance. I have been contemplating doing this as I run the Factory HP Tune with the timing maxed. Why I'm not sure...but I guess because I can't leave things alone.
I never tried it but I did get a Diablosport tech support guy to confirm that it is possible. It was on www ModularFords com.

SigmaPride said:

Sorry but it doesn't work, tried it and failled:(

Trying to find the CMR software so you can actaully change the tune:p

propellerhead said:
Details please.

Yes. What exactly doesn't work? Were you simply unable to export and re-import? I don't think you actually modify the tune...just export to PC using the DSDownloader and then back to car at which point you can advance the timing again to 10%. I was just wondering if the timing would be at 0% increase even though its really already at 10% when you put the custom tune back on the car.

Here's what I gathered before, but never got to try:

1. Advance timing 10%.
2. Flash into EEC.
3. Read Extra Tune (reads from EEC into the Predator Extra Tune).
4. Export Extra Tune (from Predator Extra Tune to home computer).
5. Import Custom Tune (from home computer to Predator Custom Tune).
6. Modify Custom Tune to advance 5%.
7. Flash Custom Tune into EEC.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/diablo-sport/exporting-a-tune-40021.html

does anyone happen to know if the predator comes w/ a set of tunes like one for 87 one for 93 or anything like that... i would hope they would have a 93 tune w/ advanced timeing already on there, if thats true then i guess adding 1-2* to that would make sense but if not then man does this thing seem like a Royal waste of money ...

RoadconeTuning said:
does anyone happen to know if the predator comes w/ a set of tunes like one for 87 one for 93 or anything like that...

The Predator only comes with one Tune on it and that Tune requires 93octane fuel. What parameters does this Tune modify :shrug: ??!?? Diablosport won't tell you, it is a secret :Zip2:

It will disable the traction control, it will turn off the rear o2's, it will let you bump the timing.

If you go to the website it has all the info. nice thing for resale is it is not locked to a computer code though. I will probably be selling my so that and buying used made me choose the diablo.

my .02 is buy diablo if you go used, buy the sct if your buying new. I got mine for $225 or so off ebay becasue I am buying a KB down the road. IF I had paid new price I would have choose the SCT tuner.