did too much crankcase pressure blow my motor up?

this may be hard to answer, but im wondering if poor crankcase venting led to my problems.....

right now under wot, my car blows massive clouds of oil out the tailpipes. oil also shoots out of the breather, dipstick, rear main, etc. i know it has bad rings on the 1 and 2 cylinder.

now, i am wondering if the bad rings came from all the nitrous i USED to have or from the way my crankcase release is set up.

i ran an untuned converted carb kit 150 wet shot (unsafe, YES!) for a year and a half with no problems. this was from like 90k-110k. this was with iron gt40's and a stock cam. the intake was an explorer piece with a BIG baffle. At 114k i did twisted wedge heads and a fti cam. the intake is an perfomer rpm with a tiny baffle. everything was fine for 1k (until 115k) until my current problems started.

with my iron gt40's were set up with pcv and a breather on the oil fill neck with NO vaccum on the filler neck. when i did the tw's i kept pcv but i had to switch my valve covers (due to my 75mm tb), so now the breather is on the driver side. so 1k before my problems started i put the oil fill vc on the drivers side(not sure if that makes a difference?). it still has no vacuum to it.

so my question is, Is my crankcase release system set up to blame (or the new top end), or is it just a coincidence that the nitrous killed it after i put the new top end on?

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know if this helps, I was getting the exact same symtoms after installing my intake. Whenever I guned it smoke would blow out the back and oil would blow out of my dipstick. After tearing it all apart I found that when I put my intake on I forgot to install the PCV valve baffle and the PCv was sucking oil into the intake creating excess crankcase pressure. After installing the baffle, everything ran great.

You might want to check and see if the baffle is still in place and check to see if the PCV valve is good.