difference between Bassani and Borla (yes another exhaust q. have a heart it is Tgvng

bcmbcmbcm

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jan 29, 2003
Hey folks,

searched and read, searched and read...I am asking a direct question that I didn't see answered directly...

what is the difference in sound (note and loudness) between Bassani and Borla mufflers, all else being equal?

• Sponsors (?)

Try looking around on YouTube for some videos. There's a ton of vids on there with lots of folks showing clips of their cars with different exhaust setups, including Bassani and Borla. Then, go for what sounds best to you based upon your own take.

Asking for descriptions of what an exhaust sounds like based upon others' words is kind of like trying to describe paintings of art to a blind man. Brand for brand, you're just going to get a lot of widely differing opinions, not technical answers, for the most part. :shrug:

If there's a specific kind of exhaust quality that you're looking for, or traits that you like to avoid, you might have a bit more luck with accurate responses. Things like drone, raspiness, burble/pop on deceleration, and/or specific decibel levels at idle, cruise, and WOT would be examples of this.

I have the Bassani Quiet Thunder cat back with 3' tail's. When I first put them on they were kinda quiet, but had a unique sound which I like, a bit exotic. There over 2 years old now and I was pulled over about a month ago for having to loud of an exhaust system! :D The thing is I really like em now,, it's not just loud , it's a good loud! :nice:

Pypes Violators are a good loud, too. :nice:

I think my list of fav's (for mufflers) goes something like:

1. Pypes Violators
2. Hooker Maximum Flow or Dynomax Ultra Flow (they sound exactly the same, almost identical in design)
3. Any Spintechs
4. Magnaflows
5. Edelbrock RPM's

The quality and fitment between different cat-backs can vary a lot, and my only experience have been with Dynomax (good stuff, and cheap) and Flowmaster (total garbage) cat-backs ... aside from the side-exit setup I've made with Dynomax Super Turbo #17676's, if that counts - they sound good behind an H-pipe, but somehow sound like a dump truck when put behind an off-road X. :shrug:

i love my bassani catback. it does have a different tone. check out my dyno vid in my sig to get an idea. exhaust setup in the vid is ford shortie hearder, stock 4 cat h-pipe, and the bassani catback.