Dizzy Bolt Removal!?!?

• Sponsors (?)

I use 2 diff. 1/2 wrenches actually.

one is some no name brand that the angle is alitte off on, and I can get an extra quick turn out of, the other is a crapsman that I use on the off cycl. of the no name brand wrench.

That or the L looking wrenches I have that sit down there preaty good.

you can go to your local part store like an autozone and they sell an L wrench for the dizzy bolt.

don't worry i did the same thing. spent hours trying to rid something to get that bolt off. i asked on the local stang club site and someone pointed out that i could buy a wrench for that. boy did i feel like a fool once i got the bolt off in seconds with the new wrench.

A 1/4" short socket, with a 1/4" swivel joint, and then two 1/4" extensions work all right for me. I should get one of those wrenches.

Green 94 5.0 said:
im telling you.....a 1/2" drive 1/2 12pt swivel socket with an extension.....you dont need anything else. ;)
You can get 1/2" drive tools in there? I guess the 1/4" drive stuff is underkill. ;)

HISSIN50 said:
A 1/4" short socket, with a 1/4" swivel joint, and then two 1/4" extensions work all right for me. I should get one of those wrenches.

Same here...I find this the easiest to sneak in there...Tried the L tool...no worky for me...actually pissed me off....Least our dizzy is out front...:nice:

1994Vib.RedGT said:
what the hell is a crows foot?
If you picture the open end of a box wrench. Cut the wrench off below the head. Now put a square receptacle for a ratchet wrench in the nub just below the head.

1994Vib.RedGT said:
Im not sure how that would help get the EGR nut off though, last time I took that thing off it was a PITA, I had to heat it up with a torch for like 20 minutes
:mad:
i couldn't even get a wrench on it, it is so cramped. the crows foot makes it easy to get a wrench on it.