Do I need a tune/chip?

In my exp. a tuned car is ALWAYS better than one tht hasnt been tune. Hands down its always better. Im not sayin you should go blow a bunch of money on tuning but if your serious abt your car and want it to run in tip top shape then why not get it tuned. A dyno tune isnt tht much and if your already spending the money to do a h/c/i swap why not spend just a little more money to get a tune. It WILL run better and you can see your hp numbers win win in my book.

• Sponsors (?)

Take half the money you were going to spend on a mass air meter and put it towards a megasquirt ECU if you are going to tune it. In the long run it will save you money.

On a basic NA hci motor though, i dont think its neccesary. Bring a bigger motor or boost in, and i think there is a benefit to it.

You have freshened up gt40p heads correct?
Exactly what kind of idling and driveability problems did those create?

It can be hard for people including me to understand why some guys get 320-650rwhp cars to run flawless without programs and others can't get 275rwhp to run right without a programmer.

I'd say judging by the posts i see the common denominator for the issues are the Mass air meter and or the injectors.
Guys that run PMAS or the old pro m meters don't seem to need programming like guys with lightning and C&L meters.
Note...
He didn't say he had 'problems'... He said he saw an improvement with a tune...
Big difference there, and it mirrors my experience.

Am i surprised you want to turn this into the typical pissing match like you usually do? Not at all.

I feel you spread BS and you feel the same about me. Fair enough. I realize you are offended because you are into the tuning scene and i make posts suggesting others don't waste their time or money on it. That's something i can't help.
But I don't reference your posts or our previous incident. How about you do the same?

How about this idea, keep it relevant.
Do you think it would be beneficial for the OP to spend $500 on tuning equipment on what appears to be a mild budget orientated x cam h/c/i setup?
No need for a pissing match... it's just a discussion...
I already answered your question...
Base idle reset, and make sure the tps is within it's operational range...

Check for codes again...

What the op has shouldn't need a tune to run right...

As far as keeping it relevant...
I didn't bring up any previous discussions... just responded to what you have posted here in this thread... :nice:

The gt40p heads didn't create any more of a problem than the stock units. I am just saying that I tried all of the things on the checklist but the problems seem to have come back after a period of time. Mainly surging idle. The car just runs smoother now after the tune.. I would have new track numbers from last Saturday after the car was tuned but I snapped an axle on my 2nd launch...