Do I need a tune/chip?

In my exp. a tuned car is ALWAYS better than one tht hasnt been tune. Hands down its always better. Im not sayin you should go blow a bunch of money on tuning but if your serious abt your car and want it to run in tip top shape then why not get it tuned. A dyno tune isnt tht much and if your already spending the money to do a h/c/i swap why not spend just a little more money to get a tune. It WILL run better and you can see your hp numbers win win in my book.

Take half the money you were going to spend on a mass air meter and put it towards a megasquirt ECU if you are going to tune it. In the long run it will save you money.

On a basic NA hci motor though, i dont think its neccesary. Bring a bigger motor or boost in, and i think there is a benefit to it.

Note...
He didn't say he had 'problems'... He said he saw an improvement with a tune...
Big difference there, and it mirrors my experience.

No need for a pissing match... it's just a discussion...
I already answered your question...
Base idle reset, and make sure the tps is within it's operational range...

Check for codes again...

What the op has shouldn't need a tune to run right...

As far as keeping it relevant...
I didn't bring up any previous discussions... just responded to what you have posted here in this thread...

The gt40p heads didn't create any more of a problem than the stock units. I am just saying that I tried all of the things on the checklist but the problems seem to have come back after a period of time. Mainly surging idle. The car just runs smoother now after the tune.. I would have new track numbers from last Saturday after the car was tuned but I snapped an axle on my 2nd launch...