Do you guys think these are worth picking up?

• Sponsors (?)

Here’s one for $175

But checking the part number I see it’s discontinued

At that price point, I’d just go with this

The cable is made by the same vendor that made the oem Ford cable.

If your cable is non adjustable and in good condition why not get a good firewall adjuster and quadrant ?
This will allow you to set release / engagement where you want.
If you think your cable is stretched or damaged then its a mute point.
Just a thought.

I have MM cable, Steeda quadrant, the the UPR firewall adjuster. I love the combo. The cable is nice and smooth and the UPR firewall adjuster is very to adjust.

The MM cables are OEM:

I thought everybody knew this. :shrug:

they are not OEM but made by the OEM manufacturer. It’s a slightly different design because you need a firewall adjuster to install it.

82CA8462-AA7C-4BCA-ACBE-2645B7F417FF.jpeg

I never had any issues with it :shrug:
After the CenterForce ate the pawls on my second, I went with.... :chin

:scratch: Thinking....

I went with the MM kit. Kenne Bell made it stupid difficult to adjust. That lead me to the Fiore piece and JR's thrust washer mod.

I went with the 94/95 cable for the extra length and getting around and through the headers etc.

If it comes down to paying $200 for a NOS cable or swapping out the plastic quadrant well...

Folks who are extra worried about pedal height should probably get a double hook. I've never personally had a triple hook but the rumor is that the last hook is unusable and exists to circumvent patent issues.

Happy belated Thanksgiving guys...

I use a factory ford cable...no name adjuster and double hook quadrant. My factory plastic one stripped on my way back from Alabama to Maryland. Hit the floor as soon as I crossed into South Carolina. Stopped at home depot and bought a corded drill ( used to carry an inverter in the car ). Drilled screws in front of the pawl and returned the drill for a full refund. That made it until I got back on 95n....then pop...straight to the floor. Drove all the way back to Baltimore with no clutch. That 347 had no issue lugging to a start in 1st gear though. Lol. Good times.... oh...and that was with the 4 banger t5 that I just took out of my current car. Would rev to about 3k and just slip right in the next gear with no grinding. Could even downshift to 4th and 3rd. Why did I buy a tko600 again....dang it...I remember. Didn't want to kill it.

With the tko I had to put the car on the second hook. When I tested the trans I almost had a heart attack because the wheels just barely turned in the air. Couldn't feel disengagement at the pedal...adjuster was all the way in. Moved to second hook..adjuster about 1/4 out and pedal is right on the money.

Now I'm going to bed....goodnite...been a long day.

For the record, I’m not advocating picking up and oem clutch and quadrant. I’d go MM all the way if I had to buy new parts.

I just do like how my stock low-mileage clutch and quadrant feel.

Reactions: 2 users
My cable is pretty damn new with low mileage. I just ordered the Steeda double hook quadrant and and UPR adjuster. We’ll see how that goes.

Reactions: 1 user
For the record, I’m not advocating picking up and oem clutch and quadrant. I’d go MM all the way if I had to buy new parts.

I just do like how my stock low-mileage clutch and quadrant feel.
I get ya. I did try repairing mine at one point.

In the true fashion of the universe, it replied, "Oh yeah??" :chair:

I had considered launching it into space as an example to alien life forms on the failures of mankind but instead just replaced it with a metal unit. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user