does anybody know of a single rise cowl hood?

walker95svt

May 21, 2005
Abilene, TX
I need a larger hood for my car to clear an intake. I don't want the standard cobra r style hood. I want a single rise, much like the cervinis, but not 3.5 damn inches. Anybody have a good company in mind? I know there's tons of unheard of companies that make hoods. Oh yeah, and preferably decently priced.

• Sponsors (?)

jtown_photoshoot_035.jpg

you mean something like the one on the left? looks osm, (blueoval's pic).

Cervini's or Liberty mustang you want better quality at over 400 bucks that requires lil preping go with the cervini's the Liberty one is like 239 bucks and not that good of quality and requires more prep work and may not align properly. Its a Single cowl 3.5" hood.

95WhiteVenom said:
Cervini's or Liberty mustang you want better quality at over 400 bucks that requires lil preping go with the cervini's the Liberty one is like 239 bucks and not that good of quality and requires more prep work and may not align properly. Its a Single cowl 3.5" hood.
beat me to it man...believe it or not, the liberty doesnt require a whole lotta prep....prob more than the cervinis, but not terrible....my buddy has a 3" cowl from them on his hatch, and im gettin that single rise cowl hood from them in the spring when i re-paint my car....

That's what I want to know, who makes that specific hood. I want one exactly like that, but lower. Maybe someone has more pics at different angles of that same car on the left?

I didn't find any hoods at the harwood link..

walker95svt said:
how the hell did you get your 300hp car into the twelves on street tires? Is there some kind of secret I don't know? Does your car weigh only 2,500lbs or something? :shrug:

I'd really like to know what kind of suspension you got, cause I'm building mine up right now.

I'm assuming you're refering to me. There are plenty of 300RWHP (~350 flywheel hp) cars on here running 12's, Killercanary is running low 12's. There are 300 rwhp cars running 11's in the factory stock class. My car weighs 3460 with me in it, at that time I had Steeda sport springs and LCA's and cut a 1.95 60 foot with a stock 170,000 mile clutch on Kumho tires. That 60 foot took alot of practice, for 2 years I was cutting 2.15-2.05 60 foots.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

I don't consider it hijacking, I asked myself. I'm sure lots of people claim to put 300 horse cars in the twelves here, but few ACTUALLY do it. That's a crazy 60 foot time on those tires.

I believe you, but do you have a timeslip we can see? most 12 second runs that begin with your hp levels have much lower 60 foot times.

lol if you believe him then why do u want a timeslip? :lol:

So are you questioning the MANY 12 second cars on the message forums? Even more in the general world?

What part of Chads times/car do u not trust? His 60ft and resulting times?

Paul ran a low low low VERY low 12 with a 1.6 60ft i believe....so why is a high 12 not possible with a 1.95?

walker95svt said:
I believe you, but do you have a timeslip we can see? most 12 second runs that begin with your hp levels have much lower 60 foot times.

No problem, I can't post pics on here for some reason. Give me an e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Better yet you can go to www.madisonmusclemustangs.com and ask if Chad Dean ran a 12 second 1/4 with a 170,000 mile stock clutch on street tires. You'll get a dozen witnesess.

I ran that time at Byron Dragway in Illinois, famous NMRA renegade racer Mike Post talked to me about launching a car on street tires. He was convinced that you shouldn't ride the clutch but let out the clutch and floor it simultaneously.

Not to get off topic, I love the Cervini's single rise hood. I would buy one right now if I wouldn't have to paint match it to my faded forest green paint job.