does anyone know where to get oem leather seat covers?

red89yj

Mar 13, 2007
after 13 years- my interior is tired, but the seats are so damn comfortable and broken in i dont wanna get rid of them. Could use new leather- its all cracked and ripped

Does anyone know where I can get the OEM upholstery to recover the seats in my 94 GT with power seats?

i tried ebay- no dice
google... ehhhh no dice as of now.

• Sponsors (?)

Your best bet would be some custom stuff.

I think www.katzkin.com has them though. But i priced a set for JUST THE FRONT and they wanted like $800 for just the covers. Not installed or anything. I now have some Summit seats that I paid $400 for.

How much are you looking to spend? I know 50resto sells upholstery kits, and you can usually find complete leather seats on eBay. I'd like to have mine in the leather and suede like the 03-04 Cobra, but I don't know if anyone sells kits for that yet.

i was also going to suggest 50resto, but for that price, you may want to look into getting something custom for a little more.

i was lucky to buy mine off Nacho (95vert) for a damn good price.

on a side note--nice car! post up some pics, man, that 03-04 cobra bumper looks killer and i bet those bimmer projectors light up the road real nice!

i was also going to suggest 50resto, but for that price, you may want to look into getting something custom for a little more.

on a side note--nice car! post up some pics, man, that 03-04 cobra bumper looks killer and i bet those bimmer projectors light up the road real nice!

He tricked you, the 03 bumper is part of his 'future mods' list..:)

I'm in the same boat as you man, I think the stock seats are actually quite comfortable and want to keep them but my stock leather's torn to hell. I'm gonna be making a decision soon as to where I'm gonna get mine from, and at this point its either gonna be www.leatherseats.com or www.50resto.com. The former allows you to add lots of options for not too much more dough than the latter.

I got my fingers crossed that someone else here knows of a cheaper place though :rolleyes:

im working on the retrofit now- im waiting for the backup set of lights to get here JUST INCASE it doesnt work out. trust me- as soon as I get em in ill put pics up.

the bumper is also in the works- im going to get the wheels squared away first.

Im telling you, the stock seats are very comfortable, but the summit seats I got are ALOT better, plus they look cooler.

are the summit seats power?

i'm going to have some made at a local upholstery shop, if i ever get my car back!

i have heard they are a pain to do because they are like glued to the foam or something, so it is a pain to get the old covers off.

:shrug: