Does My Clutch Need Replaced? (pic Included)

98Mustang2017

May 3, 2017
ct
I'm still new to clutches and i believed my clutch to be slipping starting at mid-to-high first gear. i mean, a 4.56 gear ratio in a t5 should definitely get me to 60mph in less than 9seconds right?

I see there is two plates/discs and i'm thinking it is the friction material riveted to the metal :
clutchh.jpg

v6, 3.8,
Not to mention the rear main seal.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm still new to clutches and i believed my clutch to be slipping starting at mid-to-high first gear. i mean, a 4.56 gear ratio in a t5 should definitely get me to 60mph in less than 9seconds right?

I see there is two plates/discs and i'm thinking it is the friction material riveted to the metal :
clutchh.jpg

v6, 3.8,
Not to mention the rear main seal.
A clutch will slip most readily and noticeably in the higher gears, best checked in 5th. gear at maybe 50 mph, hit the throttle hard, watch tachometer; if slip is there, you'll see it. If you don't see it, depress clutch pedal a bit, hit throttle again, as clutch pedal is released, if engine "runs-away", clutch is slipping. The clutch, if serviceable, should "bite-down" and hold rpms down. imp

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the response
. I was nearly 100% certain when i went into reverse up a slight incline the clutch was out now.
Here is the clutch:
its too bad we cant use 100% of it or at least send it in for a core.

Attachments

• 1505709835381.jpg
    1505709835381.jpg
    696.2 KB · Views: 150
A clutch will slip most readily and noticeably in the higher gears, best checked in 5th. gear at maybe 50 mph, hit the throttle hard, watch tachometer; if slip is there, you'll see it. If you don't see it, depress clutch pedal a bit, hit throttle again, as clutch pedal is released, if engine "runs-away", clutch is slipping. The clutch, if serviceable, should "bite-down" and hold rpms down. imp
and Yes that makes sense now why i was shifting but get no speed at all. it had me thinking o2 sensor, fuel injectors, the whole engine "works" . oh well, at least the new injectors are ethanol compatible hahahaha.