Does this block look like crap?

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds awful cheap for a rebuild. Also with the"Comp. Ratios With Cyl. Heads: 51cc=9.7; 54cc=9.3; 58cc=8.8; 64cc=8.3; 69cc=7.8."
You better have som really small combustion chambers to make any compression.
I would do some more reasearch on the company before buying.

Sounds like a fairly stock re-build. The pistons should be fine for all but +9psi boosted set-ups. As for the C/R quotes, I don't quite believe them, I do not know or a KB piston that matches this. The big dish ones would be lower than that, and the stock replacement and flat top ones would be higher. I would assume they are the same as stock. But I would ask them what the piston is to be sure (ask what CC measurement for the dish and/or valve pockets of these pistons is).

KB makes a very good Hypereutectic piston, and should be fine unless you abuse them.

For that price, if i'ts any good (quality of work that is) than it's a deal, but shipping is going to hurt.

"360+hp rating was 308 shortblock motor with Aluminum GT-40 58cc heads w/ 1.6 Roller Rockers, Hydraulic Roller Wolverine 1087 0.514"/0.514" lift & 228 / 228 duration camshaft, Holley Systemax II Induction setup, 30lb Injectors w/ matching 75mm Mass Air, 2 1/2" Exhaust"

Yeah, they do a little bait-and-switch there. They say the block can produce 360, but not with the cam they put into it by default.

That alone would make me not trust them...just my $.02.

Is the cam that they specify even an H.O. cam?

$hit....nevermind anything i have said in this post....i obviously didnt read what he wrote....i should stop drinkin and smokin....i thought it said brownish not browsin. forget it.

here it cost 80 bucks to bore and hone it. 10 a hole. that does not include a hottanking and new bearings and freeze plugs installed though. if you have enough to buy that ebay motor, you definately have enough to get it machined.

I got a engine for my last mustang from these guys maybe a year ago. Nothing but good experiences with them, and didnt have a single prob with the engine the whole time I owned it. Dont knock it caz there cheap, I guess they make up for the low price by quantity.
Basically, the engine is built to be stock in every way there is. They model the 5.0 they sell after the 93 mustang 5.0 block.
eg; hyper pistons