dont do bizness with dugan racing

staten stang

Sep 18, 2004
to my fellow mustng lovers,hopefully this will save someone some money:
i orderd a set of fiberglass apron covers from these retards-dugan racing, the first week of april and just got them on friday (over a month later) i called every week and asked for a time of arrival and these morons didnt know nothing about nothing, they have no contact with the vendor that makes them,i found that odd, and not a good practice of bizness..... i explained how this is holding up my car with a body shop, once again they have their head up their ass'. durin one of the convos with a person that is good for just taking phone orders i was told i can cancel and time and i would get refunded all my money, but now their story changes,a complete 180- since i have them now, they wont do dik for me, they over charged me, and shipping was very pricey, and i was told that i was gonna get "slapped" wit a restockin fee,wtf????? and this was the owner tellin me to shut up and save my breathe bc he knows what im gonna say, nice way to run a bizness,tell the ppl that put food on ur tabel to shut up......since he wouldnt help me out in ne way and was completely rude and greedy, i warned bout postin negative comments on all the boards i post on-he response,"i really dont care"
please post replies so i can forward this link to him and let that azzhole know that payin customers are always right, not the owner, and dont do bizness with these over priced CLOWNS....................

• Sponsors (?)

I cant take ONE part of this post seriousely. There is no proof, they sent you the item, and now you want them to take it back 100% at their cost, sorry, NO business (try to spell better next time you make a post like this) is going to do this! As far as customer service goes, for one were you nice, and polite, or did you start off in a pissed off mood, ranting and raving to a phone teller, who has no connection to ordering your part!

As far as the owner, I can imagine dealing with people who are never satisfied no matter what you do for them, and Im sure it gets under his skin. He probably could have acted better, but we dont know ANY of the story, short of you odered some parts, they took a little while to get to you, you wanted to return them and now you have to pay restocking fees...

You also seem to have never posted here, and come on here ripping on a business, just seems like the worst kind of introduction post! Im not going to base my opinion on a business owner because of some guys first post on a site, you could be some owner of another company in business against him for all I know!

I, for one, have had good experiences with Dugan. Tom can be a little quick with the temper, but the times I've dealt with them have been OK. Most likely you gave attitude which resulted in getting attitude back. I'm sure there is more to the story than meets the eye...

staten stang said:
to my fellow mustng lovers,hopefully this will save someone some money:
i orderd a set of fiberglass apron covers from these retards-dugan racing, the first week of april and just got them on friday (over a month later) i called every week and asked for a time of arrival and these morons didnt know nothing about nothing, they have no contact with the vendor that makes them,i found that odd, and not a good practice of bizness..... i explained how this is holding up my car with a body shop, once again they have their head up their ass'. durin one of the convos with a person that is good for just taking phone orders i was told i can cancel and time and i would get refunded all my money, but now their story changes,a complete 180- since i have them now, they wont do dik for me, they over charged me, and shipping was very pricey, and i was told that i was gonna get "slapped" wit a restockin fee,wtf????? and this was the owner tellin me to shut up and save my breathe bc he knows what im gonna say, nice way to run a bizness,tell the ppl that put food on ur tabel to shut up......since he wouldnt help me out in ne way and was completely rude and greedy, i warned bout postin negative comments on all the boards i post on-he response,"i really dont care"
please post replies so i can forward this link to him and let that azzhole know that payin customers are always right, not the owner, and dont do bizness with these over priced CLOWNS....................

Kinda newbish to make your first post a rant on someones business...

Lemme start you off,

"Hi my name is xxx I drive a xxxx stang."

25thmustang said:
As far as the owner, I can imagine dealing with people who are never satisfied no matter what you do for them, and Im sure it gets under his skin. He probably could have acted better, but we dont know ANY of the story, short of you odered some parts, they took a little while to get to you, you wanted to return them and now you have to pay restocking fees...

If you feel it's ok for the OWNER to jump down ANY customers throat, then there is something wrong with you. When you own a business, you should always put the customer first, and NEVER tell them to "shut up" Word of mouth and repeat customers are a businesses number ONE priority. Without those two types of customers, you'd go no where. Sounds to me like Mr. Dugan himself needs to take a step back and understand that his customers pay for his big house, many cars.. his whole lifestyle, and without them he'd be no where. He needs to humble himself before too many more threads like this show up and really hurt his business.

Stang8URMPRT said:
If you feel it's ok for the OWNER to jump down ANY customers throat, then there is something wrong with you. When you own a business, you should always put the customer first, and NEVER tell them to "shut up" Word of mouth and repeat customers are a businesses number ONE priority. Without those two types of customers, you'd go no where. Sounds to me like Mr. Dugan himself needs to take a step back and understand that his customers pay for his big house, many cars.. his whole lifestyle, and without them he'd be no where. He needs to humble himself before too many more threads like this show up and really hurt his business.
Sounds like UPR....... :rolleyes: :notnice:

Well, good or not, I'll probably stay away from them cuz I don't want to take my chances at crappy service. There are plenty of other places I can do business with.

Stang8URMPRT said:
I agree. I run my own buisness and i would never treat a customer like what was described. However I am not saying that the story isn't a little one sided. Ass fur thee spelng i caint spel ether. :rlaugh:

silverstripes said:
I agree. I run my own buisness and i would never treat a customer like what was described. However I am not saying that the story isn't a little one sided. Ass fur thee spelng i caint spel ether. :rlaugh:
I totally agree about the one sidedness. Just saying that me, being part of a company where it all matters on your repeat customers making you the moola, you gotta take care of them, and bite your lip at some things they say and do to keep your business going strong and your wallet full. The one thing that I do believe is that this guy, even though it sounds rediculous complaining about a restocking fee, didn't get treated right, or he wouldn't go through the trouble of making a name on a forum and writing a story about it in a thread. Sure, their are some customers you can never make happy... but I always give the Mustangers the benefit of the doubt. :nice:

Stang8URMPRT said:

Why dont you read what I wrote, I never said I agree with what he did, I basically stated why human beings do the things they do, never agreeing with his actions, and we dont even know his exact actions, as some one post wonder comes on here to rip a company apart, and we get no real details. I know how a business owner should act, there is nothing wrong with me, dont worry about that, just read what I actually wrote next time, alright! :D

As a business owner I would have to disagree the customer is not always right. But the employees and owner should atleast go into the conversation open minded and here the buyer out and see if its at all logical. At my shop i have a NO CASH REFUND policy I will gladly give a in house credit though.

Tell me whats more rediculous a guy throws a starter at my counter guy smashing eveything on the desk come to find out he bought this used starter a year ago and it went out on him the other day and hes upset that i wont give him his money back. you tell me is the customer is still right. I dont ship parts our take phone orders just because of my policy you know exactly what your getting when you buy it and when you leave my store.

Stang8URMPRT said:
Sounds to me like Mr. Dugan himself needs to take a step back and understand that his customers pay for his big house, many cars.. his whole lifestyle, and without them he'd be no where. He needs to humble himself before too many more threads like this show up and really hurt his business.

Do you believe everything you read on message boards? I didnt think so. Here we have one person using their first post to give a one-sided, anger-fueled, self-contradicting, barely coherent rant about why not to buy from Dugan....and in the wrong forum. Not exactly a strong case in my eyes.