Suspension Double Down On Subframe Connectors?

flstang65

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
SE Georgia
So, as many of you know, I am building an NHRA Super Street 85 Mustang. The progress is moving slowly (as you can see in my progress thread) due to work ect. Anyways, I just got done with welding in the torque box reinforcements and this cage is going into the car: http://www.jegs.com/i/Jegster/550/940905K/10002/-1 I also have full length MM sub frame connectors that are going in. I have also seen where people will use the full length SFC under the car AND use the box full length ones that go THROUGH the floor.

I know I will be down a little on power to most of the big guns of the class. I am banking in light weight, suspension and drivers skill to keep up. I am also known from most of my friends and family as "overbuilding" anything I make (from wood working to cars, ect). Anyways, my question is: just let it be the way I have it with the 12pt cage and current SFC or, do the SFC AAAAND the through floor ones as well? To help out even more with the structural rigidity of the car. The car will run on a 10.90 index, possibly dipping into the high 9's for the local track test and tune nights.

• Sponsors (?)