DOUBT - 95 Mustang GT hoses

Howdy!
One of my hoses broke a couple days ago, and i replaced it with an old one of a Ford Corcel. So far so good.
I was talking to a friend yesterday and he mentioned that a friend of his had a GT 95 also, and he bought all new silicone hoses kit for the Mustang, i`ve searched and found a couple, any of you exchanged all of the hoses? Which ones did you buy?
I`m likely to buy a Mishimoto hoses kit, which delivers to Brazil.

Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

I think I got my silicone hoses from jets or summitt, don't know if they ship to you.They have served me well 7+ years daily driving in hell on earth Nevada heat

Careful of buying silicone hoses. Some of the vacuum hoses are too thin and can collapse when driving, and thus can cause a lot of problems. If you're talking about silicone coolant hoses, those should be fine. Goodyear used to sell a blue silicone coolant hose kit, though it seems to be discontinued. This web site claims to have one in stock:

Reactions: 1 user
Silicone hoses are stronger, but they are harder to keep them from leaking. They aren't as pliable as rubber and don't clamp as well at the ends. There really is no advantage to silicone hoses, because it's strength you don't need.

Kurt

Silicone hoses are stronger, but they are harder to keep them from leaking. They aren't as pliable as rubber and don't clamp as well at the ends. There really is no advantage to silicone hoses, because it's strength you don't need.

Kurt
Agreed, they give no real advantage over rubber hoses. But you can get them in different colors, so it's one way to pretty up the engine bay. I bought a kit to replace my vacuum lines, you can see one in red in the upper-left corner of this pic.

engine_done_3.JPG

I'd also suggest looking out for the texture of whatever hoses you buy. Those blue silicone heater hoses with the rougher outside texture (like the Goodyear ones) look great until you touch them once with greasy hands.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user