Dyno Day

Are you back in town Will?

This is James with the white Camaro from JCR/NRA

Yes it's me. just got back in town couple days ago, ordered a bunch of parts and they start going on Tue or Wed, whenever I can get the car to the shop, looking to have the car back on the road and DD'n it by middle/end of next week

Sucks about what happened to JCR/'NRA, have to figure out where to get my fix from now.

William

"So what you're saying is that all dyno days are pointless? You are welcome to tune after you're off the rollers and if there is time at the end of the day then you'll be able to get back on the rollers."

haha making a change to your tune and then hoping you get back on the rollers to see if it makes a difference, thats awesome! I personally wouldn't piss away my money on the rollers unless i'm going to make a back to back comparison between two parts or tune it. I checked out this thread thinking i'd be able to tune my car on that dyno since the track is closed, sounds doubtful. Sounds like a "who's dick is bigger" gathering haha.

Have fun guys

Drew

Got the PM's, Would like to get the car to a JCR/NRA meet soon as it's done with the current round of mod's.

As for the Dyno day, will there be a BBQ with food and drinks? I could bring the car up and mingle with my old JCR/NRA buddies.

As far as what I remember Dyno days use to be for friends getting together have a great time, BBQ, catch up on old times, etc. which usually turns into a full day event. Some times shops even use these "Dyno day" concepts to star as the main attraction for grand opening's.

Dyno day = 20-30 people there to have a good time, nothing more nothing less costing $40-$60

Dyno Tunning = You, your car, the Dyno and a Tuner costing from around $150 +/- and up depending on what you are doing and how long it takes.

Honestly if $40-60 is alot for someone just to have fun with fiends and thier cars, well I believe they are in the wrong hobby These day's it cost's $40 +/- to take a family to see a movie for 2 hours

Of course this is just my opinion since we are throwing opinions out.

You can put me and my Fam on the list, Car should be completed and re-tuned by then, my 3 y/o Son loves watching cars on the Dyno, specially V8 car's that have Turbo's

Keep the shiney side up!

William

To each his own man :Zip2:

The owner/operator of HP Ranch did mention that he normally bbq's or provides food/drinks for those that attend...

You are more than welcome to come up and hang out...

Jasin with the LS2 GTO will be there...His car won't.

Peter with the red Porsche 951s will be there...

I'll be there obviously...You actually didn't meet me thru JCR/NRA...I meet you last year when I had my Mustang up at the KK on South Hill...You joined JCR/NRA shortly after that I believe, but I never got out to a meet that you were at.

There will be a couple other JCR/NRA guys there as well...

-James

Rock on, If Jasin will be there I will be for sure. Matter of fact if you hear from that fool, tell him I am pissed I didn't recieve a invite for his big day He has my cell number, I'm back in country, he better call

Sounds like a crappy dyno operator to me. I have seen cars with bald tires including mine have no problem "putting down the power" What was your final run?

William

Peak power was 630 @ 20psi which it should be making at 14-15psi. Dyno was done by Tim @ MPS in Bellingham, definitely not the operator. I knew getting onto the dyno tires were going to be an issue. Reviewing the run files I can see right at 4200 rpm where full boost comes on the rpm/speed curve gets really off course.

Attachments

• Dyno tire spin.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 47

interesting about the tire spin all 3 runs show the exact same thing, you would think with tire spin that the runs would differ from pull to pull where the tire spin starts and finishes at least some anyways

Your tires completely bald?

William

Rock on, If Jasin will be there I will be for sure. Matter of fact if you hear from that fool, tell him I am pissed I didn't recieve a invite for his big day He has my cell number, I'm back in country, he better call

Crap, now that I think about it, I didn't get an invite either

His GTO is under the knife right now, but should be back up soon and badder than ever.

They are pretty worn, it's definitely not the clutch as it is a new Spec 3+ and aluminum flywheel - about 1200 miles on that combo.

Boost comes on pretty hard around 4200-4500 and thats where the slippage is pronounced.