Dyno In or Near NC

sneaky98gt

10 Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
NC State University
Well, I'm still in the parts gathering process for my supercharger install (FRPP/SVO blower). My install date (spring break, March 15-19) is approaching rather quickly, and getting a tune is pretty much the biggest obstacle I have left.

I have done some searching, and can't really find any reliable info on any good tuners in the NC area. Any threads I've dug up are 5+ years old and I can't find any info on a lot of the tuners mentioned in them.

So, any Stangnetters out there know of any? I'm looking for something closer than say 3 hours to central NC, which would include all of NC, southern VA, and northern SC, and possibly north GA.

Oh, and Top Speed Performance in Greenville, NC is out of the question. They want $600 just for the tune. :eek:

Advice? Thanks!

Edit: I literally just got an email back from Fastlane Motorsports in Benson not 2 minutes after I posted this up. Their price seems right, and they are close. Fastest car I've ever ridden in was tuned there. Any input on Fastlane?

• Sponsors (?)

FastLane in Benson NC. they are about 20 miles form you. they are the ones who built/tuned my car.

there are 3 shops within 30 miles but the crew at FastLane is great! my buddy Taylor runs the counter up there

let me know when you are installing the blower. i'd like to swing by and help out if you need anything. i have a ton of tools and a little experience with mod motors:D

FastLane in Benson NC. they are about 20 miles form you. they are the ones who built/tuned my car.

there are 3 shops within 30 miles but the crew at FastLane is great! my buddy Taylor runs the counter up there

let me know when you are installing the blower. i'd like to swing by and help out if you need anything. i have a ton of tools and a little experience with mod motors:D

Yea man, will do. Only thing is I'm gonna be putting it on at home, back in the eastern part of the state, about an hour and a half from here. Still, I'm gonna start up a progress thread when I get started. I've never seen a decent progress/install thread on one of these blowers, so I figured I'd be the one to make one.

Looking forward to the numbers and the times! Looks like you have a good shop around, Will!

Yea, I can't wait to get it on. And I've got a friend who swears by FastLane. They tuned his Mach 1: full bolt ons, 150 shot, built Lentech (sp?), 3600 stall, full drag suspension. Car goes LOW 7s in the 1/8. Sucker is nasty. Daily driven as well, something like 130,000 miles on it.

Current plan is to install fuel pressure and boost gauges, and the fuel pump before the SC goes on. That way I will know that everything is peachy with the fuel pressure and all. Might go ahead and put the K&N FIPK and TB on before the install too, just to make sure I know how it all normally fits on the motor. I'm gonna start the install at the beginning of my spring break (March 12, IIRC), hopefully get it dynoed sometime that week when I finish it. That week will give me plenty of time to get any kinks worked out. I know that I'm going to have to make a custom bracket for my alternator and SC idler pulley to sit on, and possibly a bracket for the driver's side coil pack.

I'll definitely keep everyone posted as I go along.

Thanks for all the help.

does your buddies car have saleen rims and a silver 281 badge on the fenders by any chance?

i had some fun with one that fits that description about 3 years ago on capital blvd back when i was on the stock engine.

I am SCT certified dealer in Bedford VA , between Roanoke and Lynchburg , I have a chassis dyno in my shop and am also a dealer for Diablosport , Delta Force ( formerly Sniper tuning) , Superchips , Edge , Bully Dog and Moates

does your buddies car have saleen rims and a silver 281 badge on the fenders by any chance?

i had some fun with one that fits that description about 3 years ago on capital blvd back when i was on the stock engine.

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. His is a black Mach 1. About the rims, I can't say what his daily driven rims are. Every time I've seen his car he's had some welds on it. And I don't know about the badge. I'll look next time I see him.

I am SCT dealer in Bedford VA , between Roanoke and Lynchburg , should have availability to a dyno sometime in March hopefully , Fastlane is a good choice too though

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I haven't made up my mind yet, and your last tune seemed to be spot on for me. :nice: