Dynomax Ultra Flow's

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
1,865
24
58
Summit part # WLK-24215

They are the welded tubular ones... anyone run these, and if so how loud are they?

At 35 bucks they seem like a great deal. The plan would be to buy a set and have them welded in untill I get a full catback... but those for now so I can put my o/r X pipe on.

I want something loud when I smash the gas, but not overly obnoxious just crusing... and sound is importiant, not crappy. From what I hear the Ultra Flow's are deep.
 
I work at Advanced Auto Parts. The Ultra Flows are probably the best sounding muffler from Dynomax but IMO still don't sound all that great. If however you are looking for performance they are wonderful. You can still do better if you want some sound and performance. If you want something that's has some significant sound then you sound consider SLP or Magnapacks with and off road H. Assuming you want that deep sound. I hear this stuff on a regular basis from our customers with stangs and honestly more than half of them tell me it's not what they expected.
 
Ok, ill keep that in mind.

I just bought the X pipe so I wont be switching to an H... Loudmouths are borderline too loud, and with no cats there is not enough tone for me, way too much rhasp.

Magnapacks rock, and I wouldnt mind getting them... but they are expensive, and im only looking for cheap, temporary weld in mufflers untill I settle on a catback I want.
 
speedfreak98r said:
I have the Dynomax race bullets..Are those the ones you're talking about? I'm running those with an o/r h. It sounds like a damn sprint car in the upper rpm range..No drone at all on cruise..IMO they would sound better with an X


I dunno, ive seen Race Bullets and then what im looking at is welded tubular Ultra Flows.

Guess theres a difference...:shrug: