ECU on Stock 93 Mustang

Flyboy60

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 11, 2004
What ECU would you use, and why? (Stock 302 w B&M C4). Car will always be naturally aspirated unless I hit the lottery. I want to upgrade from 30 year old technology.

• Sponsors (?)

What ECU would you use, and why? (Stock 302 w B&M C4). Car will always be naturally aspirated unless I hit the lottery. I want to upgrade from 30 year old technology.
if you dump the codes and only get three 11's in a row and a 9 on the cylinder balance test, there is nothing to be gained by replacing the computer system but a bunch of headaches trying to make the replacement system work.

Dump codes sticky

Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL (Check Engine Light) isn’t on. You don’t need a code reader or scanner – all you need is a paper clip, or if your lady friend has a hair pin, that will do the job.
I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/

I don't have an 8 cylinder ECU but I do have a 4 cylinder 91 Mustang that I am in the process of converting to an 8, 5.0.
I just wanted some options for ECU if I purchased an engine with all the stock accessories. I just want to drive my car, instead of building an engine at the moment (I may be even open to a carb or carbed throttle body)