Eleanor Project - 302 + Stroker Kit

Marson

Jul 20, 2010
Hey guys, how is it going?

I've bought one Mustang 1967 Fastback without engine and trans. I've already bought the eleanor fiberglass kit, and the 302 block (not aftermarket)
I live in Brazil, and here the performance parts are a quite expensive!
I will be in USA in november, so I will buy a bunch of parts in america.

Here is what I'm thinking to buy in america:

Cylinder Heads
Carburetor / Fuel Delivery System
Ignition System
Camshaft
Nitrous Oxide System WET (100 - 200hp shot)
Intake Manifold
Main Stud Support

Application of the project: Street (in working days) / Race (for weekends) heheh

In Brazil its very easy to use Ethanol (I think that more than 90% of the gas stations sells it), here Ethanol is cheaper than gas, and running on Ethanol we have more horsepower.

So if I use Ethanol or E85, I will have to chose an specific kind of carb, the same with the stroker kit (piston type), once that ethanol has a different compression ratio of the Ethanol.

I've saw these parts and like them, check it out:

Airflow Research 1452 - AFR 205cc SBF Outlaw Race Heads
( Airflow Research 1452 - AFR 205cc SBF Outlaw Race Heads - Overview - SummitRacing.com )

Probe Industries PRO STREET Engine Kit - Ford 347 Dome Top +9.0cc
( 10480-PS-F347 - Ford 347 Dome Top +9.0cc Pro Street Engine Kit )

I would like to ask you guys some help to build this engine.
I want to reach something between 300 - 400 hp (without nitrous)
Which parts do you guys recommend?

Awaiting for a favorable reply!

Many thanks and best regards,

Lucas Marson

• Sponsors (?)

Has the 302 blocked been machined & prepped for your rebuild?? You may want to consider buying a fully prepared shortblock or longblock since it will be cheaper than buying and building piecemeal.

If you plan on using your current block and having it machined yourself, get a stroker kit from adperformance.com, get the cam & heads (probably Twisted Wedge) from camshaftinnovations.com, get the carb from pro-system.com. You can get the NO2 and intake manifold (Victor Jr. or AirGap) from Jegs or Summit.

300 horse at the fly wheel won't be too hard with the stroker kit. What cam are you thinking of? What rear end gears? What transmission, manual or automatic? Over drive or no over drive?

It all has to work together, heads/cam/intake ignition carb and gears in the rear. As well as brakes!

You can get a custom cam grind, and a pro built carb, ( good investments) but you have to plan for the whole thing. Strip gears are not street friendly, with out an OD trans. A T5 trans is a popular swap, but in stock form may not be the best choice for a manual.
Give us more details, and we can help plan better....