Electrical Problem - Help Needed

zworley_10

Apr 3, 2023
Long Post Incoming...

I am having a bigtime electrical issue that I am hoping I can get some answers/help with. I have used the search bar and read through countless threads describing similar problems, but nobody seems to know or post the actual fix. The threads all fizzle out. I will be as detailed as I can with what changes I have made and what troubleshooting I have done.

I have a 2005 Mustang GT. I am running AM cat-backs, JLT series 3 intake, and bama tune. I previously had an offroad X-pipe on it, but got tired of the codes from not getting it tuned, so I went back with the stock H-pipe. About 3 months prior to going back to the stock H pipe, my AC stopped working and the car started throwing other codes. It began throwing P0443 (EVAP Circuit) and P0645 (AC Clutch Relay Circuit).

I have checked and confirmed that all of my fuses and relays are good.

I changed the purge valve and no change happened. Then I started to troubleshoot the AC. Sometimes the AC works, but most time it does not. It is not low on freon. I checked for power at the fuse box and was getting all power but the ground that the PCM is supposed to send to engage the AC clutch was not there. I could jump the pins and the compressor would run all day. I then went to the clutch cycling switch and jumped the pins and the compressor would run all day. I changed the cycling switch and have not had the AC code since, but still do not have AC.

The next day I was on the interstate and the car just quit...showed the wrench light, lost power, drove to the off-ramp, and it cut off. I ran the codes and got the following: P2105, P151A, P0645, P0600, P0481, P0480, and P0446. Started it back up and had no problems. The next day I took the fuse box completely apart and crimped down each wire connector in the bottom of the fuse box to ensure there was a good connection. I reset the codes and haven't had that problem since.

Now I am getting codes P0135, P0141, P0155, P0161, and P0443.

I am wondering if I have a PCM problem, my tune screwed it up, or something else...just can't seem to figure it out but the problem seems semi-common. Any help? Will cross-post on a couple other places.

• Sponsors (?)