Engine block off kits...?

• Sponsors (?)

Isn't that like a hoist or something? :shrug: Y'know, like when you wanna rebuild your mill; but it's too confined in that li'l ol' space under the hood, so you disconnect everything, take the mount bolts out and use the hoist to take the engine block off the rest of the car? :D :D :D

Oh, wait a minute, now I get it :doh: ..... Ya, I think I'd just use masking tape; like I did with the Torino's Cleveland and my F100's FE-block FrankenLincoln 406 :lol:

StangDreamin' said:
Isn't that like a hoist or something? :shrug: Y'know, like when you wanna rebuild your mill; but it's too confined in that li'l ol' space under the hood, so you disconnect everything, take the mount bolts out and use the hoist to take the engine block off the rest of the car? :D :D :D

Oh, wait a minute, now I get it :doh: ..... Ya, I think I'd just use masking tape; like I did with the Torino's Cleveland and my F100's FE-block FrankenLincoln 406 :lol:
Yo...man, ya gotta leave that peyote alone dude, it's messin up your already senile Kentucky Fried for Brains!:nonono:

More progress........

This morning I transfered my engine from the dolly onto the work stand to finish prep work and paint. For those who have to ask, "How did he do that in a basement with lo-overhead and no hoist?"........I picked up the engine in one hand and slapped the stand onto it's ass-end with the other! and YES! I CAN, after all I am a BIG BLUE FUZZY CLOSET MONSTER!
:rlaugh:
Anyway back to topic...........Notice on the picture below, the 3M Generic Engine Block Off Kit....the 710 cap makes a perfect dispenser / holder for the kit as I work!
attachment.php

Actually all the black you see on the side of the block, esp. towards the rear is from a couple of leaky exhaust manifold gaskets.......:Damnit:
But you can also see why I want to clean and repaint it before I drop her back in to my nice clean engine compartment!
When I'm done it will also be the "correct" color for a '65 I-6....Ford red!
(as seen in this 1984 photo.......)
attachment.php

65stanger said:
Actually all the black you see on the side of the block, esp. towards the rear is from a couple of leaky exhaust manifold gaskets.......:Damnit:
But you can also see why I want to clean and repaint it before I drop her back in to my nice clean engine compartment!
When I'm done it will also be the "correct" color for a '65 I-6....Ford red!
(as seen in this 1984 photo.......)
attachment.php

Supposed to be all black with a red valve cover and air cleaner.