Engine Engine install pics.....

• Sponsors (?)

93 would be great here in nevada,i sweat my balls off getting the mail.
I am from Oregon and until you live and work in Florida humidity, you ain't seen nuthin.......
Oh and see what I have on my garage wall.... Upper right hand corner of the pic...... I cheat....
DSCF1093.JPG

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
Engine is looking good! What headers did you purchase to go with those GT40P heads?
I found them on Amazon... They seem pretty decent for $83... The comments and questions said they will work for P heads...
Purchased a LS spark plug socket from Trick Flow and no problem with getting the plugs in and out... Next will be the spark plug wires..

Last edited:
I removed the 7.5 inch rear ( Yes, by myself... Old guys rule)... Still amazing how rust free this car is.... Couple of spots have some surface rust which I have wire wheeled or used scotch brite to remove it and a little touch up with Charcoal gray rattle can... In the under the car pic on the right side you can see the worst rust around the hole in the " frame" ....
DSCF1205.JPG
DSCF1207.JPG
DSCF1208.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
I found them on Amazon... They seem pretty decent for $83... The comments and questions said they will work for P heads...
Purchased a LS spark plug socket from Trick Flow and no problem with getting the plugs in and out... Next will be the spark plug wires..
Awesome, do you have info on the headers or a link? I am needing to purchase a set to go with my 4-bar heads when I install them.

Most of you know I have a 9 inch to replace the 7.5 that is in the above pictures..
I puchased a brake line adapter from Currie Enterprises that is designed to use on 9" rears to help with the brakeline install...
The 7.5 brakeline attaches to the passenger side axle tube ( as can be seen in the above pics) After looking at everything I do not think the Currie part will work. Hose is too short, angles towards the drivers side and I am guessing there might be clearance problems with the upper control arm?????
Purchased a new Stainless brake line kit and it came with new lines for the rear end...... I am going to see if with some slight tweaking the new lines might fit the 9" and if so I will drill a hole in the pass axle to fit the vent/brake line union like the 7.5 has..... Of course the predrilled vent hole on the pre fabbed 9" is on the drivers axle.......
Just thinking out loud here...

I need to get a geezer pal to help me move the 9" to a " fabbing " area before install.... Too heavy to pack around by myself.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user