Engine Engine install pics.....

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
I actually made some headway today... New engine installed with TKX and a STiffler crossmember......
Before and After
DSCF0714.JPG
DSCF1095.JPG
DSCF1091.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I lurned this trick a few years ago.. Jacking up the rear of the car as high as you can go makes the engine/trans install easier.... I am doing this by myself so I used my race ramps on the back...... If your curious, I am waiting on some back ordered front end parts ( new springs) for the front end... Need the engine weight to install the new springs, so all on schedule......
DSCF1093.JPG
DSCF1094.JPG

And the engine/trans installed... Not sure if I am going to buff on the valve covers or paint them yet.....
DSCF1097.JPG
DSCF1098.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Yes I will post more... I usually forget to take any pictures beforehand......
Pretty good for an old guy. Especially by yourself

I purchased the Race Ramps to do some work under my BMW.... If your not going to remove wheels or do brakes I think they are a safer way to be under your car vs jack stands.... Especially cars that do NOT have full frames or very good points to 'set' a jack stand.....

For whats it worth, the stifflers crossmember took about 20 minutes to install.... Easy Shmeezy.. I have memories of crossmembers being alot more work than this one was.......

Last edited:
The wiring you see in the engine bay is all in good shape, One wire ( AC pressure switch wire) is bad and the rest I unwound from the tape tracing some wires and grounds......
The main challenge is going to be the engine harness, which I am going to build new from scratch and use some newer connectors to do it with
Some wires will be removed such as the Carburetor bowl solenoid and probably the WOT/AC idle solenoid.... If the WOT/AC solenoid works and fits on my new carb, I will try to make it work.....
Pic of engine harness, Carb bowl solenoid, and the WOT/Ac idle solenoid.
DSCF1102.JPG
DSCF1103.JPG
DSCF1104.JPG

Last edited:
Here is the " kit " I have assembled so far to rebuild the engine harness with.. I watched a video on this crimper being used on youtube and was pretty impressed at the simplicity in this system..... The Crimper cost $110........
The coil of "multi colored" wires I found on Ebay... ten different colors and each wire is 20 feet long..... GXL wiring... The larger gauge Red and black will be where I want to update power and ground wires to a larger gauge......

DSCF1105.JPG

That looks great.. I have also heard that right after you paint it, take a damp cloth with lacquer thinner and wipe off the paint....