Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

I appreciate you guys that keep up with the thread, it let's me know that i am doing something that others find interesting.

For those of you who chime in and let me know what you think, I can always use the constructive criticism. Keeping a good balance of normal vs my mad max syndrome has brought my current vision into fruition....

I was going to get some things done today, but like Dave I decided to drink instead.. although today is not my b-day I had some friends stop by, that's good enough reason to drink for me.

A member that lives close by (with in an hour drive) has kindly offered to come up and help me get the engine in the car. So on engine install day I may have myself and 2 other members here for the occasion. What a great thing comrodery is, it's good to know people other than myself are willing to help others. Of course a bribe of beer and bbq doesn't hurt...

Once my initial tune is done myself and Kyle (wiseguyk) have talked about meeting up at Bradenton motor speedway for a "grudge race" lol. Gonna be good times for sure, maybe some of the other FL local members can meet us there. It is a good chance to do some great tuning and really see if the w/meth does its job.

I have a customer lined up for tomorrow morning to do a tuning session, already did the drivability portion of the tune just have to dial in the idle now that he has a iac installed... hopefully things go well so I can get my second (and final) payment.

Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Good to know I not your only friend (I am your friend right?) other than 'buzzsaw', Had me worried for a minute. Can't wait till install day.
Ahh, you were talking about me when mentioning members right?
Lol, yes JR I was talking about you. I do in fact consider you a friend, how can I not when you have helped me out so many times. We even went and hung out with noobz in Orlando.

So when’s the install day Steve?

It is fun meeting up with the other guys on here.

I don’t really have many friends to talk about fox bodies with outside of here. I seem to have too many bow tie friends in Oklahoma.:scratch:

Oh well, if you were closer I’d come out there too.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
We need to work on that meet up at bradenton motorsports park, should be several members close enough to get a party started.
once franky is back on the road we can seriously set up a date and time..... you may want to drive the dump truck out there in case i go overboard and break the trans... that wont work if you are bringing the exon valdez

I appreciate you guys that keep up with the thread, it let's me know that i am doing something that others find interesting.
I'm just here to grab "WTF" pictures for the bookface page. :jester:

Noobz said he was paid to hang with me. Good thing too, he had to fix the toy helicopter I crashed!
This is one way to look at it. Mike (MRaburn) says to me one day off-hand, "Don't let that dude run amock in the forum wreaking havoc all over the @#$@$ place and %^&$% everything up. So I made him mod to keep easy tabs on him then gave him a forum in order to keep him contained. ;)

What would you do? :shrug:

(No, really. I'm out of ideas)

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
20180629_213357.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
That's all i have done for now, the intake got a vacuum port welded on and the tb flange was shaped some... oh I also ground the welds some... I am sorta stuck... I can't decide if I want to leave it as is and paint or go through the hassle of epoxy over the welds and smoothing them down.

Also since I am running MAF, I realized my catch can won't work.. I want vacuum on the valve cover, that means I need to port the other side to the air tube after the MAF. I could most likely cheat and tune it out but am torn on what direction to go.

More pics tomorrow promise.