Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

If I lay epoxy and grind/shape it the manifold will look like one piece (mostly)..

Or I can say '**** you haters' and run with it.
You will be talking to me directly then....

But then I'd point out the skanky AC pulley, the rusty bolt threads, the nuts that aren't painted, the Clevis rod for the alternator, the dirty coil pack towers,.....you may as well just say **** you Mike, and run with it.

You will be talking to me directly then....

But then I'd point out the skanky AC pulley, the rusty bolt threads, the nuts that aren't painted, the Clevis rod for the alternator, the dirty coil pack towers,.....you may as well just say **** you Mike, and run with it.
I posted some pics on another site and got a lot of negative feedback, apparently doing things yourself does not impress the internet experts.

I almost destroyed the blower tonight. I made a mistake in my measurement and did not double check, then drilled a hole.

I am trying to find a way to get the w/meth nozzle between the blower and intake. The way @Noobz347 and envisioned it didn't work out... there was no way the nozzles would fit in the plate.
So I went with option 2 drill and tap the blower body to accept the nozzle, I think this will work if I don't :leghump: it up a second time...
Alternatively I may give up completely and spray meth into the blower again.(last resort)

Pics in the A.M., I came inside after my defeat.

Reactions: 1 user
Well that's not good buddy.

How hard would it be to spray individually into the cylinders ? I know thats a bunch of work....and probably isn't feasable...just want to pick your brain.

Personally, i wouldnt want to spray into the blower rotors. People do it....but i wouldnt want to.

Ok so things didn't go well yesterday.
20180703_074112.jpg 20180703_074128.jpg
You can see how close I ended up to the gasket surface. Luckily it did not distort, the metal at all.

I was doing some Google work and am considering holding off until I can get ahold of some 1/16 NPT fittings/taps I may be able to make them work as they will require less real estate.

Looking at this again today, I can probably make it work if I get some different fittings and extend the nozzle into the blower area.

Ok so things didn't go well yesterday.
20180703_074112.jpg 20180703_074128.jpg
You can see how close I ended up to the gasket surface. Luckily it did not distort, the metal at all.

I was doing some Google work and am considering holding off until I can get ahold of some 1/16 NPT fittings/taps I may be able to make them work as they will require less real estate.

Looking at this again today, I can probably make it work if I get some different fittings and extend the nozzle into the blower area.
I.i.i. don't even know what I'm looking at. Is that the blower outlet base where it meets the intake manifold?

I think you'll have distribution problems if you do anything there. The intake plenum is too small on that blower manifold, and the runners that route from there are way too short. ford intake manifolds are notorious for starving the 4 outside cylinders even when using a centralized spray bar like what is used in a typical nitrous plate, and you putting a meth nozzle in one spot is begging to hose down a couple of cylinders, while the rest of them get dick.

I'd rather take the lesser of two evils, and let the rotors mix that sht up.

New thought, what if I place a bulkhead (make one) in the egr blockoff plate and feed the line through the intake manifold.. I would then he able to put the nozzles in the plate below the blower spraying up into rotor housing.
This idea poses 2 concerns to me
1. Will the line be able to deal with the heat being so close to the exhaust side of the egr (not used but it will still get hot I think)
2. The line leaking, I suppose I could use compression fittings inside the intake for the nylon tubing... not sure.

I.i.i. don't even know what I'm looking at. Is that the blower outlet base where it meets the intake manifold?

I think you'll have distribution problems if you do anything there. The intake plenum is too small on that blower manifold, and the runners that route from there are way too short. ford intake manifolds are notorious for starving the 4 outside cylinders even when using a centralized spray bar like what is used in a typical nitrous plate, and you putting a meth nozzle in one spot is begging to hose down a couple of cylinders, while the rest of them get dick.

I'd rather take the lesser of two evils, and let the rotors mix that sht up.
Valid point Mike, after some research it seems spraying after the blower is more effective, but I think I am playing with fire at this point....

Yes this is the blower outlet you are looking at.

New thought, what if I place a bulkhead (make one) in the egr blockoff plate and feed the line through the intake manifold.. I would then he able to put the nozzles in the plate below the blower spraying up into rotor housing.
This idea poses 2 concerns to me
1. Will the line be able to deal with the heat being so close to the exhaust side of the egr (not used but it will still get hot I think)
2. The line leaking, I suppose I could use compression fittings inside the intake for the nylon tubing... not sure.

I was thinking of the same idea for you. You could put them in the middle of the intake (2) nozzles (possibility (3) if needed) pointed up at the outlet of the blower, which should give you enough spray along with more even distribution. Wiring this to a PMW input to the MS giving you the flexible of slowly increasing the amount of spray. I recommend making this out of copper tubing with brass compression fittings due to the heat issue you brought up. Then, you could tap the underside of the EGR block off plate for one of the brass fittings, and attach the nylon feed line to the topside.

I think that this is the most feasable idea so far... only issue is the intake has already been torqued into place... nothing like throwing $30 gaskets.. that i have to special order.

Now would I spray into the rotor housing only or spray 2 nozzles in opposing directions inside the manifold? (Front and rear) the blower discharge is almost centered on the front 4 runners.