Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

It really does seem like all that work you’ve done would be marketable in a kit. I guess that why sc kits cost thousands though. Somebody had to go through all that work!

I don’t even have my engine yet and I want one!

For who? I mean... I know I see threads all the time in The Welcome Wagon asking: "What's the most complicated way to boost a Fox?" :rlaugh:

Just wondering who you were thinking of :jester:

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Does anyone make a(n) EFI pd blower kit for the SBF anymore? I thought KB was pretty much it and they stopped making the kits.

Bahahaha. MY WAY > easy

I saw recently that there's an outfit out there that's putting KB kits back together. Other than that, no Whipples or anything in the wild that's still in production. Probably why the KBs still command their original prices.

Oh I definitely think there is a market for a "bolt on" sbf roots type s/c kit.
Although if you need to eliminate the distributor for certain applications
maybe too advanced\costly for you everyday diyer.
I guess make that clearly known up front and so be it, I say "on to the production phase"...lol

20180707_161318.jpg
20180707_161323.jpg

Tb cleaned painted and installed, currently working on the fresh air feed for the valve cover/ IAC valve... may weld a port onto the cai tube for the iac feed. Looking good so far. I think.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
I'll be honest....I love the build....but I don't like that regular hose going from the valve cover to the TB. I think it needs a pre bent hose....or one of those spring hose shapers. They have them in advance auto in the aisle with hose clamps, pipe plugs, and vacuum fittings. They are stainless. ( don't know if they make them small enough ) i used them to use a straight hose from the WP to the coolant pipe on another mustang.

I don't know.... it needs something.... The hose section behind the counter may have a hose with a 90° bend.

The hose thrown on like that says " I'm tired... F it.... I'm going to bed... its done "

My first idea probably won't work and may look dumb, but it shows i really thought about it.

Second option would be a lot cleaner and cheaper. Could even throw some black vinyl braid on it with black heat shrink at the ends. Doesn't need clamps....

I agree but I'm sure Steve's not satisfied with it either, move that nipple in the tb pointing down, a couple 90° hoses with a pipe in between some braided covering/heat shrink (no dave not green) in black good to go :nice:
I have the two different style braces I can bring.

I had that lying around so i figured why not give it a try, it fits snugly and will do the job for now. I'm not sure how any of that will look or fit once the engine is in the car so i am going to wait and see.

I thought about buying cheap nylon braided hose to do the job for all the vacuum lines ect. but even the ebay stuff seems pricey. I like the idea of using some kind of nylon cover with a bit of heat shrink. i even found a kit on ebay to do all the vacuum hoses under the hood. Thanks for the Idea Scott!

If you could bring those braces JR that would be awesome. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Geez man, I leave for a week and miss like several pages of awesome progress! Had me worried a minute there when you said you almost destroyed the blower, but thankfully I didn't have to wait to hear you got it figured out :) It's really looking great Steve and I love the way the wrinkle paint turned out on the intake pipe you built.

I love seeing all the progress pics and can't wait to see this thing in person. Now that I'm back in town just let me know when you're planning to do the install and I'm there! I wasn't really around yet for the old motor build but you're sure as hell doing things right this time man. :nice:

Oh and not sure if you're running shorty headers or not but if so I have a pair of ceramic bbk's I can bring. They're barely used since I hadn't originally planned to turbo mine. Also if @General karthief isn't bringing the MM style strut tower brace I can bring one of those too.

We
Geez man, I leave for a week and miss like several pages of awesome progress! Had me worried a minute there when you said you almost destroyed the blower, but thankfully I didn't have to wait to hear you got it figured out :) It's really looking great Steve and I love the way the wrinkle paint turned out on the intake pipe you built.

I love seeing all the progress pics and can't wait to see this thing in person. Now that I'm back in town just let me know when you're planning to do the install and I'm there! I wasn't really around yet for the old motor build but you're sure as hell doing things right this time man. :nice:

Oh and not sure if you're running shorty headers or not but if so I have a pair of ceramic bbk's I can bring. They're barely used since I hadn't originally planned to turbo mine. Also if @General karthief isn't bringing the MM style strut tower brace I can bring one of those too.
Shorty unequal length?

My list... dont mind this its just here for future reference.
Board Relays
Main board
Relay #1 - PAO [main] -fan
Relay #2- PTE3 [tiny] - shift light
Relay #3 -

Proto Area
Relay #1 - ADO [tiny] - W/Meth
Relay #2 - AD1 [tiny]
Relay #3 - AD2 [tiny]
Relay #4 - PTE2 [tiny]

DB 15 connector
#1 AD2 [tiny] - Spare
#2 empty -
#3 AD0 [tiny] - W/Meth
#4 IGN A IGN out
#5 AD1 [tiny] Spare
#7 PAO Fan
#6 IGN B IGN out
#8 empty
#9 PE1 Hobbs switch [table switching]
#10 IGN C IGN out
#11 Spare [Black/red]
#12 IGN D IGN out
#13 Spare [Red/yellow]
#14 empty
#15 Spare [Tan/green]

ECU pin check
- #4 tacho out
- #56 VR+
- #36 VR-

Circuits to Build for future Digital Dash
Oil pressure Self Powered
Fuel level [requires 5v pullup]
VSS Self Powered PWM input [timer]
Ambient Temp [requires 5v pullup]
W/M pressure?
Fuel Pressure?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Question: (it is probably obvious but I must ask being an electronic moron) can/will you incorporate a safety shut off if something happens like fuel pressure drop or oil pressure loss? It seems to me that this ms stuff will do everything including order pizza.

Question: (it is probably obvious but I must ask being an electronic moron) can/will you incorporate a safety shut off if something happens like fuel pressure drop or oil pressure loss? It seems to me that this ms stuff will do everything including order pizza.
That is possible to do, I would have to interrupt the ignition power with a relay (probably to the coils) with an output from the MS...

Now if I had an MS3 these safety features are built into the code to some extent.