Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Looks good, really cool !
Years ago there was a guy on corral making/selling roots style
set-ups for sbf. I was real close to trading him some parts for his
adapter plate and s/c....think he went awol shortly after.

• Sponsors (?)

Looks good, really cool !
Years ago there was a guy on corral making/selling roots style
set-ups for sbf. I was real close to trading him some parts for his
adapter plate and s/c....think he went awol shortly after.
I think his name was Joey... his idea kept the distributor but was very tall and had some kind of odd snout support with an extended drive rod.
Pictures of that one gave me an idea of what not to do.

Can't wait to stab that thing in that vert!
Awwwww now yo had to go and say it......

You used one of the words that cause an inflammatory reaction from me. I'll now have to re-list them so that you'll know which ones to avoid using if you don't want me to come on and btch.

Personally, I just don't get it. Just because some greasy goob from the 60's coined the phrase, what made it automatically take the place of the correct term?

*In no particular order of offense to me.
Stab
Dizzy
Tranny
"Flo's"
Chunk

* and,.....older, less used terms that only the crotchety car guys still throw out in conversation while sitting in a lawn chair in front of their 55 Chevy at the cruise-in, but still cause a gritted teeth reaction in me...

Wrinkle walls
Rail job
Pop up's
3/4 cam
Laying scratch
Peeling out
Pop a wheelie

So,.....the take away for today regarding the above word usage is......stop doing it.

Awwwww now yo had to go and say it......

You used one of the words that cause an inflammatory reaction from me. I'll now have to re-list them so that you'll know which ones to avoid using if you don't want me to come on and btch.

Personally, I just don't get it. Just because some greasy goob from the 60's coined the phrase, what made it automatically take the place of the correct term?

*In no particular order of offense to me.
Stab
Dizzy
Tranny
"Flo's"
Chunk

* and,.....older, less used terms that only the crotchety car guys still throw out in conversation while sitting in a lawn chair in front of their 55 Chevy at the cruise-in, but still cause a gritted teeth reaction in me...

Wrinkle walls
Rail job
Pop up's
3/4 cam
Laying scratch
Peeling out
Pop a wheelie

So,.....the take away for today regarding the above word usage is......stop doing it.
NO! Why? Several reasons:
1- I'm training to be one of those crotchety old guys that sit in a lawn chair (mine has cup holders) at the car shows, in my case it's a 53 chevy pickup that I know absolutely nothing about.
2- I grew up around some of those terms although there are some that are outdated or just wrong ie; tranny and 3\4 cam are the first that come to mind but flo's and nos are just annoying terms young people use because it's 'fast and furious cool'
3- and this is the most important one: it pokes 'the bear' !

Reactions: 1 users
Steve this is coming along quite nicely for you. Awesome job!

Are you planning on taking it back apart to finish painting it or leaving it as is? You talked about the valve covers, but the blower and the accessories might be something to think about as well. I only bring it up as I have been kicking myself for not painting a lot of the parts on my car when I had the chance.

Also, where did you get the SS braided lines for the WMeth?

The blower was painted recently but all the fitting has chipped the paint in a few places. The accessories are easily removed later if i want to repaint them.

The SS lines are actually leftovers from a job i did when i ran work out in chemical plants, the air feeds to valves ect. have to be chemical rated and resistant to physical damage. Normally i would hard pipe them in with SS instrument tubing, however when the installation has to be "vibration rated" i used these SS braided nylon lines to jump from the beam mounted SS hardlines to the pipe mounted valves.

I will likely leave it as is for now, get it into the car and begin tuning. The need may arise to pull the blower later anyway if something is wrong or does not function like it is intended. Once this is a fully working prototype I may pull it back off and have someone scan the parts into CAD [if thats even possible] to do a small production run of the pieces. [ Blower adapter plate, accessory brackets, spacers, ect] offer it as a kit with all the required pullies ect. (kit would not include the brackets for the coils ect. as not everyone would want to run edis coils)
I only considered this because a few friends asked if i could make them the same setup, but the required time it takes to make and shape each piece by hand is staggering. I am not sure this would become a reality unless more people seemed interested, the cost of a cnc run for parts is quite pricey. I do like to daydream sometimes about making money off my hobby, it would be nice.

Reactions: 3 users
I think his name was Joey... his idea kept the distributor but was very tall and had some kind of odd snout support with an extended drive rod.
Pictures of that one gave me an idea of what not to do.
Yeah I think your right.
I had heard about some issues he was having with snout extensions breaking,
glad I didn't make the trade. He had a cool idea just needed some more R&D ,
I think your starting to perfect it though.

Yeah I think your right.
I had heard about some issues he was having with snout extensions breaking,
glad I didn't make the trade. He had a cool idea just needed some more R&D ,
I think your starting to perfect it though.
Thanks I appreciate it, its feedback that keeps me moving along on this project. For a while i thought people had completely lost interest.

what i like most about this design is it should easily fit under the stock hood, If i still had a strut tower brace I would test fit it to see if one would work.

Thanks I appreciate it, its feedback that keeps me moving along on this project. For a while i thought people had completely lost interest.

what i like most about this design is it should easily fit under the stock hood, If i still had a strut tower brace I would test fit it to see if one would work.

I can say for myself, I haven't lost interest, I just don't comment a whole lot anymore. I just check in from time to time and see how everyone's builds are coming along. Keep on keepin on, man.

Still very interested in what you are doing. You are one of the Build Threads that I look for updates everytime I log-in, so please keep the updates coming along with the pictures. You know we like our pictures.

I'm still watching your thread daily, Steve.

Nothing like watching a vert, wit no dizzy stabbed in it, and that purdy motor come together. With a tre- quarda cam and some wrinkle tire you'll be layin' scratch fo' sho. Get you a rail job and you'll really peel tires or do wheelies dependin' on the grippers you got on dat thing der. Ya already got the Flo's. Make sure your tranny can hold all dat bacon or she's gonna spit chunks.

If I knew wut pop ups were I'd use that, too. @CarMichael Angelo

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I know right, how dare he take time away from us with his family! I hope he is having a good time.
Oh and JR you owe me nothing sir, the free engine block was more than enough!

Got some more pictures for you guys. Down to the little things now, line routing ect. Trying best I can to hide things.
20180706_202657.jpg
20180706_202709.jpg
20180706_202715.jpg
20180706_204645.jpg
20180706_210706.jpg

I know the coil packs are ugly, I have a new set but motorcraft> house brand.

I vacuum tested the assembly with it taped up, held 5inhg for 10 min.. no leaks as far as I can tell.

Reactions: 6 users
It really does seem like all that work you’ve done would be marketable in a kit. I guess that why sc kits cost thousands though. Somebody had to go through all that work!

I don’t even have my engine yet and I want one!