Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

I'm glad you ate making progress again. When this is all said and done I'm going to have to get down there and see this car in person.

• Sponsors (?)

I plan to just enjoy the car, bad paint and all... until I have the monies saved up to have it properly painted... I think I will just let macco paint it all one color for me.
I had maaco paint my thunderbird. Had them apply extra coat of clear. It was their 5 year warranty paint job. I did most of the prep. Paint came out really good and i cut and buffed it myself. The issue with Maaco is they are indepently owned so one can be great and the next one sucks. This one had no issues giving me a tour of the whole place and let me see cars that were in the middle of being done. He had lots of classic cars there. overall he did a great job and its holding up just fine.

Reactions: 2 users
Well the reconstruction is scheduled for the 4th of July, My dad and I are planning to knock the whole thing out in a day. I am going to get a jump on it and pull the old parts off the car ahead of time so its just us taking our time installing new parts. I dont necessarily need the help but its a good excuse to hang out and drink beer with dad.

Reactions: 5 users
Well the reconstruction is scheduled for the 4th of July, My dad and I are planning to knock the whole thing out in a day. I am going to get a jump on it and pull the old parts off the car ahead of time so its just us taking our time installing new parts. I dont necessarily need the help but its a good excuse to hang out and drink beer with dad.
How far back to I have to go to know what it is you’re planning on getting done in a day?
ATS calipers, xxx rotors, up front, Taurus calipers in back, some hydro boost monstrosity, distribution block, adjustable prop valve action I’m guessing?

I mean......all of this would be easy to figure out.........If there were pictures.

Reactions: 1 user
Even as I am typing this I have datalogs open on a second screen... I am and have been very busy. I promise pictures by the end of the day, as soon as I can get this back log of emails finished..
200.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Just decided to throw the first couple pics from after I test fit the wheels.
The rear has been rebuilt with a 31spline tracklock moser axles and cobra rear brakes.
We are missing a few small bits to get this part finished we will pick it up tomorrow.
15938997985813782972914708931695.jpg
15938998497889209986700643770334.jpg
15938998726962149086313852986669.jpg

I do not have the new inserts installed, this was just a test fit on the front. The A arm went on easy and they were supplied with the needed washer and castle nut. I wanted to check for wheel clearance and we have easily 1/4 or more.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users