Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Dude, that steering wheel! Gotta do suptin bout dat wheel
Who was pushing? I didn't hear nuthin?
Nice gauges though :nice:
Shhhh….The original padded wheel was too thick and partially blocked his view of the gauges. By using a combination of time, the sun, and constant hand wringing, he’s managed to “clearance” the top of the wheel enough to correct that. If he bought a new replacement wheel, he’d have to wait another 32 years to be able to see them again.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Do you have a suggestion for a steering wheel? I like the stock look and plan to reuse the buttons.

I drove the car today about 15 miles.
My initial thoughts about the tune and corrections.
The car shifts HARD, I mean tire squeal every shift hard. The old stall convertor likely absorbed most of this. I dropped the EPC solenoid duty down to 45% at 10%tps and tapered up to 95% at 50%tps. This fixed the hard shift.

I had a teenager yell at me in a parking lot... DO A BURNOUT! ..... lol too bad it's still in the break-in period.

It would do some weird shuffle between 3rd and 4th. I disabled 3rd gear TCC (lockup) the new convertor does not need this crutch.

The tune needed some very slight fuel tweaks nothing major, start-up cold needs more work but the hot start is a key bump.

Ran nice and cool never went above 190 and oil pressure is 50-55 psi at all rpm ranges.

Reactions: 3 users
Not exactly the cheapest though…

ABDB233D-AAA7-4B61-82A9-ECC077C5A929.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user
I opted for a really big paddle shifter…only now that I think about it,…mines more like an oar.
DFD64DD0-6C20-4264-AA0F-4AA5FA3499D9.jpeg

Wasn‘t exactly the cheapest though either…
And despite all my craftiness,……. i can’t figure out a way to mount the thing to my steering wheel.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users