Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

My vote is to put felt on it....so it matches the box. At least try it....plus its the inexpensive option....and anyone can buy a precut piece of carpet and glue it on. Mad scientists make stuff...not buy stuff.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

My vote is to put felt on it....so it matches the box. At least try it....plus its the inexpensive option....and anyone can buy a precut piece of carpet and glue it on. Mad scientists make stuff...not buy stuff.
Then there's Dave........How can we forget "Wait,....I can clean that,...sew that back together,...paint that ,,..and make it look better than new" Dave?

Visit him on his website @ Miss Suzy H. @Davedacarpainter at :
www:// whybuynewshtwhenyoustillhavetheoldshtanitcanbefixed.com

Reactions: 3 users
You need to use what you have. The quarter panels have a recess for that piece,..and those pieces have a seamed edge. If you put anything else in there ,..it'll look less than finished..
Throw those pieces of junk in the wifes washing machine,...lay them flat to dry,...then ask Suzy what he'd recommend for paint/dye,...and spray them btches to match.

Reactions: 1 users
I got home to a see a big box from LMR! But alas it's too late to go out and play with any of it...... however I can now install most of what I've built the last few days.... tomorrow... maybe time permitting...

My new mb quart speaker sets came in as well, I will have two sets of component 6.5 in the new setup. I thought of cutting the tweeter in to the rear quarter panel, then thought against it because we'll they look so good now.... so I will hole saw the "rear seat back" and install them flush mounted. The front set of tweeters will go in the dash speaker location for proper sound imaging, and the set of tweeters in the front door panels will remain the same.... because I don't want an arbitrary hole there.... it'll look silly. All this will he backed up by one 10" jvc arsenal in a ported box at 37hz. Should sound decent.

Overall plan for next update will be to adjust the front door window guides, install new dew wipes on the front panels and paint the arm rests black to match the new pads I got for them.. (old ones tore off there mounts and cracked apart)...

Then if I have enough paint left over I will attack the center console upper half and armrest delete, I think a two tone look on these pieces will look good. The rest of the dash will stay black and grey for contrast, unless it looks silly.

Then clean it all up and install the new seats.

I forgot something. ... ... ... Oh yeah the trunk area, I want to put both batteries in the spare tire well and cover them up out of sight. I will also need to build an amp rack to accommodate my two amplifiers. All of this needs to be carpeted and look complete, I'm tired of lookin busted.

Reactions: 1 users
My wife was exercising... So...I politely asked if I could wash some car parts in the dishwasher.

We have a very understanding relationship...I understand that my stuff is her stuff...and her stuff is her stuff...but I better not mix my her stuff...with her her stuff...unless its money for her.:O_o:

Reactions: 4 users
My wife was exercising... So...I politely asked if I could wash some car parts in the dishwasher.
See Scott, that's where you made your error.

You need to be bold about your rights as the man of the household. Am I right here?

You just wait till she's gone to bed and is asleep and then you pop those parts in the dishwasher.

Reactions: 1 user
See Scott, that's where you made your error.

You need to be bold about your rights as the man of the household. Am I right here?

You just wait till she's gone to bed and is asleep and then you pop those parts in the dishwasher.
Jesus!

You'd think that somebody with your degree in home ec. would know that fabrics need to be agitated to get clean. Just spraying hot soapy water at them will not do the job. Washing machines get clothes clean because one piece inside the wash load rubs against the other piece...

Dishwasher......:nonono:....Hard pieces like trim parts, yes.

Fabrics like clothes,.............carpet, seat covers, ......Washing machine.

I mean if you gotta get your ass chewed for using her major appliances,..at least use the right machine.

Reactions: 2 users
I got home to a see a big box from LMR! But alas it's too late to go out and play with any of it...... however I can now install most of what I've built the last few days.... tomorrow... maybe time permitting...

My new mb quart speaker sets came in as well, I will have two sets of component 6.5 in the new setup. I thought of cutting the tweeter in to the rear quarter panel, then thought against it because we'll they look so good now.... so I will hole saw the "rear seat back" and install them flush mounted. The front set of tweeters will go in the dash speaker location for proper sound imaging, and the set of tweeters in the front door panels will remain the same.... because I don't want an arbitrary hole there.... it'll look silly. All this will he backed up by one 10" jvc arsenal in a ported box at 37hz. Should sound decent.

Overall plan for next update will be to adjust the front door window guides, install new dew wipes on the front panels and paint the arm rests black to match the new pads I got for them.. (old ones tore off there mounts and cracked apart)...

Then if I have enough paint left over I will attack the center console upper half and armrest delete, I think a two tone look on these pieces will look good. The rest of the dash will stay black and grey for contrast, unless it looks silly.

Then clean it all up and install the new seats.

I forgot something. ... ... ... Oh yeah the trunk area, I want to put both batteries in the spare tire well and cover them up out of sight. I will also need to build an amp rack to accommodate my two amplifiers. All of this needs to be carpeted and look complete, I'm tired of lookin busted.

Of all the speakers I've used in car projects over the years (to include the pioneer components that are currently in the Monster) The car that had MB Quart components in it was the best sounding system to my recollection. The clarity and overall fullness of the sound from those speakers even are the favorite of Thing 1 who still remembers them from when we went on the 07 HR Powertour.

Your choice for a battery location may be mine as well. What would be really great would be if I could get the battery, AND the water reservoir in that space, then I'd have a clean trunk....:chin....Man,......Stuff never gets completely done.

Reactions: 2 users
Ah, I see where you're making your error Mike, I would never try seat covers or other absorbent parts in the dishwasher.

The dishwasher is mainly for hard plastics, carburetor bodies, battery trays and the such.

Sorry for the confusion.

Main point is if you start these cleaning procedures after the significant other is asleep, then it's like a build thread without pictures, it didn't happen.:D

Ah, I see where you're making your error Mike, I would never try seat covers or other absorbent parts in the dishwasher.

The dishwasher is mainly for hard plastics, carburetor bodies, battery trays and the such.

Sorry for the confusion.

Main point is if you start these cleaning procedures after the significant other is asleep, then it's like a build thread without pictures, it didn't happen.:D

I get it :ninja:...