Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Hey hey Mike I found a sweet solution.....

EBay item 182621751306

It's a b&m blower intake manifold it would cost around 300$ total shipped what do you guys think? This would make it real simple to get that sucker between the valve covers...

Screenshot_20170617-132656.png

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

@madmike1157 ok you win. It's done, the b&m intake is on it's way.:D

Now I just need to order the injector bungs and find a steel OR (preferably) an aluminum plate TO make the adapter. Judging from the measurements I took this morning the front opening on the intake will line up with the discharge of the blower, almost perfectly. Then I can use the rear opening for sensors, vacuum line ports and the bypass....
I still have to acquire the edis8 stuff as well....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ask for tooling plate at your local metal supply. It's cast aluminum that's precision machined on the thickness, and you can get rather large sheets of it. Not the cheapest stuff in the world, but shouldn't be too much more than regular 6061.

The nice thing about doing it this way is i should be able to make sure the blower is square and plumb with just the plate. My only concern will be if I have the pulley lined up.... man what a pain in the ass that was on the last setup.

I will admit I'm really excited about this. I see a trip to the JY on Monday for the edis8 parts....

The nice thing about doing it this way is i should be able to make sure the blower is square and plumb with just the plate. My only concern will be if I have the pulley lined up.... man what a pain in the ass that was on the last setup.

I will admit I'm really excited about this. I see a trip to the JY on Monday for the edis8 parts....
I "win?"

Was this some little battle of wits we were waging?

What do I win?

I "win?"

Was this some little battle of wits we were waging?

What do I win?
My thanks, after looking and staring and searching I decided that mounting that huffer where it should be makes the most sense. Btw sir I no longer need that carb plate...

Now this was all made possible by a very satisfied fellow in Ontario Canada, after I tuned his car he sent me a sizable sum. (Way more than I ever expected)...:banana:

Now if I can find someone that wants the intake system that's on the car now I'll be in business. I'm sure I can unload it on eBay if I have to.... those proceeds will help with the procurement of the aluminum plate and any machine work needed.

My thanks, after looking and staring and searching I decided that mounting that huffer where it should be makes the most sense. Btw sir I no longer need that carb plate...

Now this was all made possible by a very satisfied fellow in Ontario Canada, after I tuned his car he sent me a sizable sum. (Way more than I ever expected)...:banana:

Now if I can find someone that wants the intake system that's on the car now I'll be in business. I'm sure I can unload it on eBay if I have to.... those proceeds will help with the procurement of the aluminum plate and any machine work needed.
let me know what size,and thickness you need, remember,..birmingham is a steel city,..I have a supermarket that I can buy almost anything in small lot sizes.

Well here I am back at work after a all too short weekend.... I'm not liking the shift work, it sucks..... alot..... takes forever to readjust and by the time your sleeping well again it's another late shift.
I got a job offer to work as an organizer for my local union..... not a bad gig, normal work hours, "company" car, small wage increase..... but my job will be to go talk to people and recruit them every friggin day... it's hard enough to post a non-republican meme in the squeaky wheel... how am I gonna convince them that higher wages and full benefits are better than the rat race they're all running?:rolleyes:
But I digress.......

Got some small items in over the weekend, the tb flange and some odd items.... so I have that to work on for now. The intake shipped but I don't know how long it will take to come in. Nothing will get done today I have an apprenticeship board meeting this afternoon, then interviews.... I can't skip out on it either, I'm the chairman of the board. Darn old guys voted me into the position while I was out of the room....:nonono:

Reactions: 2 users
I don't know to be honest, they seem to be grooming me for an office position since I joined.... I go to stuffy meetings and dinners for them, dressed in clothes I'm uncomfortable in. I get "volentold" for committees and events.. so it just seems like the next step, but I'll be in a friggin office..... I'm very good at what I do, I have job offers from different contractors all the time but this is world's different.

I don't know about you but I can't do the office thing, I don't like talking to people (remember the old definition of stress) and I suck at planning.
What?.......You don't like TALKING to people?....:eek:

You've only been here a year and you have a 3400 post count.....:chin

That's an average of almost 10 comments a day, every day,..including holidays...:oops:

Reactions: 2 users
What?.......You don't like TALKING to people?....:eek:

You've only been here a year and you have a 3400 post count.....:chin

That's an average of almost 10 comments a day, every day,..including holidays...:oops:
Yeah! That's a lot of comments in a short time.......waaaiiittt a minute......never mind.:cry:

So, who besides me is drinking a beer right now?:cheers:

Well,......It's not like I didn't try to talk you into a turbocharger,...:rolleyes:

How close is that elbow to hitting the hood now? One way or the other,...It's probably gonna be taller than the existing combo. Don't you have some aftermarket hood on the car already?

It should only require a small crown at most,...It's not like it'll be all Blown Mafia or anything..
f94dddae861e2797758c7c013bef5809.jpg

I tried getting @madmike1157 to go this direction but, "Nooooooooooooooooo says the finger", says he. :nonono:

He wanted to do some reverse rotating Aussie block thing that's been done a million times before, instead. :shrug:

I got started on the supercharger inlet today. Things went.....okish..... I think. I have a 240v dc mig welder that does not pulse, so aluminum is not recommended but that didn't stop me one bit. All it needed was some preheating from a torch, and a really good cleaning. Started with acetone then a s.s. brush the acetone again. Hit it with the torch and got to it, some of the initial welds were bad, really bad. So I ground them off.... after I got a method down for the two different materials and there vastly different thicknesses it turned out less bad.

So I ground those as well, a lot of modification is going to happen on this piece so only the flange matters, a lot of the leftover meat inside the tubing is so the flange does not warp while I weld on it.

Here is where I got today after my meeting
20170620_210724.jpg
20170620_210711.jpg
20170620_210704.jpg
the tubing I used was some leftovers from a 4" intake setup for a friends car. It measured 102mm id... so it swamped the stock flange opening. Upside is there will not be any restriction once I cut, grind and smooth this intake out... I also plan on making some kind of boss out of flat stock for threaded fittings after I weld the TB flange on. I plan to inject the meth before the blower.

I also found the measurements for the aluminum plate I will need. It needs to be at least 6"wide and 12" long I have seen some pieces in the size I need for a reasonable cost on eBay.