Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

I have been swamped at work and have family coming in tomorrow, I got very little done but I will show you my method for making a wiring harness... this is how I learned to make them when I worked in a panel shop as an IBEW apprentice..
20170827_181101.jpg
of course we have all made a harness before, but sometimes it's hard to find the right tape or everything ends up unraveling when the heat gets to it. I used standard imperial sized wire loom, black cloth friction tape, 4" black tie wraps.

Most people omit the tie wraps, I add them simply to stop the tape from unraveling. I don't like doing the knotted end like some prefer for me it just looks odd.
You may omit the cloth tape and just tie wrap if you prefer, I think it adds a nice oem look.

Obviously I am far from done, the rest of the harness must be finished on the car.

@jrichker do you happen to know the current rating of the 12v circuit on the TFI module? The swap suggests a 20 amp circuit for the coil packs. I will add it to the relay box I am installing if it is not adequate.. thank you.
Look at the wire gauge that feeds power to the TFI - that is your clue...
Wire size current table:
wire-gauge-to-current-capacity-lenght-gif.528473

18 gauge wire = 5-8 amps
16 gauge wire = 10-12 amps
14 gauge wire = 15-17 amps
12 gauge wire = 20-25 amps
10 gauge wire = 30-40 amps
8 gauge wire = 50-60 amps.

• Sponsors (?)

So, is it an air to water intercooler?
For the m112 yes it is, not really feasible to incorporate this on a build unless you have alot of money or your own cnc.....
I know the M90 is older technology. What is the big difference between the M112 and M90? Of course beyond the CFM.

I forgot who offered me one, but i was curious if it would be difficult to swap for the M90.

M112 has 22 more cid than the m90 each one moves there cid per revolution. The m112 is physically larger than the m90 however I have read about supercoupe guys using the m112 rotors in a m90 housing with some sort of housing extender.... then the snout must be shorter to make things work.

If you wanted to do an m112 I would look at a jaguar unit like I have they are remote mount like the m90 the supercoupe came with. Honestly if you dont want to go thru what I am, get the setup from an 94-95 supercoupe they have the best blower.
Or just use the m90 case I modded the shiz out of with a new snout (I modded the snout of mine to shorten it)....

Or use a hairdryer

Reactions: 1 user
@madmike1157 does summit carry the edis plug wire ends? I have a really badass set of plug wires and want to change the ends out so I can still use them. I think you said you made your wires.....
I got my wires from Taylor directly. They already had the coil pack socket on one end, and the other end was customizable.
I wouldn't think the coil pack end is one of those things that are DIY friendly, but you can always call Taylor and check.

I know the M90 is older technology. What is the big difference between the M112 and M90? Of course beyond the CFM.

I forgot who offered me one, but i was curious if it would be difficult to swap for the M90.
Awwww Dave!!!

You can see the "gotta have more power" wheels turning in your head already, and you haven't even started the engine..

UNlESS you are planning on going down the path of no return, this is my recommendation:

Keep the engine config as offered in the SC. The bigger blower will require stupid amounts of fab work, and the A2A IC path work always looks way too cluttered, and makes working on a tiny little 2.8 comparable to a 428 in a 69 Mustang. If the factory A2A is somehow not do-able, or research tells you that it is inadequate,..do away with the IC altogether, and inject water meth. The cooling and octane benefits alone make it worth the hassle to have to watch the reservoir level. The ease of installation (compared to piping any conventional IC) seals the deal

If you just gotta have more power, put a wheezer on the thing..then water meth,...then 15 p.s.i, then.............
1813aqov5wc2jjpg.jpg

Welcome to the club.

Reactions: 2 users
Opinion...... yours insert here.

Find edis coil ends and modify my MSD superconductor wires...

OR

Buy a set of buildable wires from WeaponX performance.....

No need to buy new wire if you can rebuild your current ones. You could even take some out of a junk yard and get ends for the coils. I'm sure you could salvage them without damaging them. ...unless your wires are too thick to fit in a factory style wire boot.

MSD sells 8.5mm wires for a few different Ford cars with EDIS ignitions. While I don't see the EDIS coil boots listed separately on their site, if you email their customer service, they may be able to set you up with some. Hopefully their customer service is a good as it was when I used them, 10+ years ago.

MSD sells 8.5mm wires for a few different Ford cars with EDIS ignitions. While I don't see the EDIS coil boots listed separately on their site, if you email their customer service, they may be able to set you up with some. Hopefully their customer service is a good as it was when I used them, 10+ years ago.
Called summit and jpegs both contacted all there vendors, not one of them would sell the wire ends. WeaponX will but after he added up the cost of what I needed he then made me an offer on a setup.

Man I had to MC all night for our graduating class of apprentices.... I didn't realize how hard public speaking is. Things went well I will have to do it again next year as I have no intentions of giving up my position as chairman. The things we volunteer our time for as union members..:nice:

In other news I will have a free few hours tomorrow! I hope to make some kind of headway on the intake even if it's just cutting the alltread into studs. Of course I will take some pictures too.

Just ordered the pulley, meth tank, tubing, 10gph nozzle, adapters, and a biohazard sticker for.... whatever it gets put on. I need to start opening boxes and putting parts on the car.
10 gph? When I called Snow performance a little while ago, and told him about my setup, w/ a 350-400 hp as a target on 10 p.s.i. Boost, they spec'd 2.77-3.57 gal per hour nozzles.

Where did you get that number from Steve?
https://www.snowperformance.net/category-s/191.html
http://convert-to.com/conversion/flow/convert-ml-per-min-flow-to-gal-us-per-hr-flow.html