Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

It's a shame you still need the cam sensor, .

Not really, still need the cap, rotor and wires from the dist to get the spark where it needs to go. And it works. If I were to build an engine masters motor then maybe I would go cop as there are some advantages to the cop and all that it entails. Otherwise it is just over complicating things more than they need to be.

• Sponsors (?)

Thats cool, was asking out of curiosity. My racecar has an MSD crank trigger with 4 pick-up points. The dist is now just a cam sensor. The reluctor wheel has only one window now and is phased as the #1 cylinder identifier. It triggers a signal at 10* BTDC and then the crank trigger see's a signal about 50* btdc and uses that to control ignition timing and sequential injector timing. Thus the reason for only 4 pick-up points on the crank trigger wheel. Two revolutions equal 8 signals for the 8 cylinders. It is nice to be able to go in and take away one degree of timing from just the one cylinder that has to much ignition timing instead of having to kill 1* on all 8 cylinders, or go in and add 1% fuel to that one cylinder that is running lean instead of having to fatten up the whole engine.

too

:D

Reactions: 1 user
I can see that as being nice for an all out setup. It's a shame you still need the cam sensor, I like the trigger wheel as it takes the #1 reading from the missing tooth. No need for a cam signal at all, it can be integrated for a second reading if one so desired.
Still needs a cam sync so it knows what side of the stroke (intake/exhaust) it's on, since with just a 32-1 that -1 is read on both. plus it drives the oil pump.

Module does not care, ecu needed signal for sequential injection, I batch fire those as well.
A few pages back I posted a pic of the cam sensor installed, it will drive the oil pump. I am just ommiting the wiring as my application has no use of it.

When converting an a9l the cam sensor is needed for injection.

Thanks Scott, you know I look at everyone's builds and think man mine is ugly.... lol. No wire tuck I leave everything exposed it's either black or silver.... I choose things that function and fit a modest (sometimes non existent) budget. I do sometimes attempt to polish the turd...

I absolutely must go thru and fix the wiring on this thing I can't stand some of the quick fixes I have done to see if something can/will work or an experiment that was deemed a success and never got rehashed.... I need a relay box one with fuses and at least 4 relays..... couldn't find one that fit what I was looking for at the yard. And the eBay ones look uber cheapo.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks Scott, you know I look at everyone's builds and think man mine is ugly.... lol. No wire tuck I leave everything exposed it's either black or silver.... I choose things that function and fit a modest (sometimes non existent) budget. I do sometimes attempt to polish the turd...

I absolutely must go thru and fix the wiring on this thing I can't stand some of the quick fixes I have done to see if something can/will work or an experiment that was deemed a success and never got rehashed.... I need a relay box one with fuses and at least 4 relays..... couldn't find one that fit what I was looking for at the yard. And the eBay ones look uber cheapo.
It doesn't fit your non existent budget clause but I just got a Leash electronics board for my car and man it is super super nice.

Another option is those Bussman boxes. They're not expensive and I'm sure there's one configured like you'd want

I have been swamped at work and have family coming in tomorrow, I got very little done but I will show you my method for making a wiring harness... this is how I learned to make them when I worked in a panel shop as an IBEW apprentice..
20170827_181101.jpg
of course we have all made a harness before, but sometimes it's hard to find the right tape or everything ends up unraveling when the heat gets to it. I used standard imperial sized wire loom, black cloth friction tape, 4" black tie wraps.

Most people omit the tie wraps, I add them simply to stop the tape from unraveling. I don't like doing the knotted end like some prefer for me it just looks odd.
You may omit the cloth tape and just tie wrap if you prefer, I think it adds a nice oem look.

Obviously I am far from done, the rest of the harness must be finished on the car.

@jrichker do you happen to know the current rating of the 12v circuit on the TFI module? The swap suggests a 20 amp circuit for the coil packs. I will add it to the relay box I am installing if it is not adequate.. thank you.

I have been swamped at work and have family coming in tomorrow, I got very little done but I will show you my method for making a wiring harness... this is how I learned to make them when I worked in a panel shop as an IBEW apprentice..
20170827_181101.jpg
of course we have all made a harness before, but sometimes it's hard to find the right tape or everything ends up unraveling when the heat gets to it. I used standard imperial sized wire loom, black cloth friction tape, 4" black tie wraps.

Most people omit the tie wraps, I add them simply to stop the tape from unraveling. I don't like doing the knotted end like some prefer for me it just looks odd.
You may omit the cloth tape and just tie wrap if you prefer, I think it adds a nice oem look.

Obviously I am far from done, the rest of the harness must be finished on the car.

@jrichker do you happen to know the current rating of the 12v circuit on the TFI module? The swap suggests a 20 amp circuit for the coil packs. I will add it to the relay box I am installing if it is not adequate.. thank you.
That looks really good Steve. The resistors/capacitors? that are hanging off of the coil pack sockets.....I thought they were only necessary for radio noise suppression?

Hey Steve, i may have been drinking a mint flavored liquor before this post, so forgive me if my memory isn't recalling something.

The supercoupe M90? sc I intend to use has an intercooler, did the '03-'04 M112 have an intercooler?

Hey Steve, i may have been drinking a mint flavored liquor before this post, so forgive me if my memory isn't recalling something.

The supercoupe M90? sc I intend to use has an intercooler, did the '03-'04 M112 have an intercooler?
Yes it did, however it was incorporated under the blower inside the intake manifold. The supercoupe used an a2a intercooler.

I know the M90 is older technology. What is the big difference between the M112 and M90? Of course beyond the CFM.

I forgot who offered me one, but i was curious if it would be difficult to swap for the M90.